problem clearing my ears with Guardian full face mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almog

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

Our dive team just bought new OTS ffm and i just can't clear my ears properly. ( i'm very experienced diver more then 6k dives and i had no problems with the NEPTUNE FFM ).

I have changed the nous piece in all directions, used bough hands to push the mask but it just not sealing my left
nostril and left ear is [FONT=Arial, 'Lucida Grande', Raanana, sans-serif]suffering.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, 'Lucida Grande', Raanana, sans-serif] using only the jaw mnuver isnt enough for me.

any
suggestion will be excellent.

TX
Almog
[/FONT]​

Almog,

You should consider contacting John Hott. John Hott is Director of Training for Ocean Technology Systems and is in the best position to help you with your problem. John can be reached at:
jhott@otscomm.com
+1 (714) 754-7848, extension112

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Blades Robinson

I didn't have to do it, but I have heard of people putting pieces of the foam weatherstripping on the nose block to help with sealing rather than the hard nose piece. Might be worth a shot!

What Blades and BD said.:wink:

When you took delivery of the masks their should be a few pieces of rubber that are there in different thickness sizes that will go down in one of the nose blocks. If none of those work take one and glue foam or what i use is a piece of old scrap 7mm wet suit. I have the exact problem as you and had to double up the wetsuit piece on the left side of the nose block to get it sealed.

Hello

Our dive team just bought new OTS ffm and i just can't clear my ears properly. ( i'm very experienced diver more then 6k dives and i had no problems with the NEPTUNE FFM ).

I have changed the nous piece in all directions, used bough hands to push the mask but it just not sealing my left
nostril and left ear is suffering. using only the jaw mnuver isnt enough for me.

any
suggestion will be excellent.

TX
Almog

Glue some neoprene into the nose block to build it out, or use the little extra pieces that should have come with your guardian. Also - pull the nose block off, and check the wire frame piece behind it, so you can adjust where it lands on your face...

I customized mine a little bit and it clears very easily for me now.

nouse.jpgworks good dry . needs to be examined in the water

Attachments

• 2012-02-17 18.14.26.jpg
    2012-02-17 18.14.26.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 365
I Insta-cure + ( the purple not the blue) its a scale module glue that melts the materials together.( not a 5 second glue )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom