Good diving for a solo travelling diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howler93

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've got a week off to go diving, but I've not been diving without my wife. She can't get the time off work, so I'm looking for any advice to get in some serious diving. In a nutshell, I'm looking to maximize my time underwater, and any time on-shore I'd be happy to spend reading/sleeping/eating... ASide from simply enjoying the time underwater, I'm hoping to refine my underwater photo skills, and I have no available dive-buddies. I live in Durango, Colorado. I've dived Cozumel and Belize so far... any suggestions from my fellow divers?

Thanks in advance,
Howler :coffee::coffee:

Yeah, we all know it hurts not to be able to dive.

solo is something else again. If you can't solve the problem du jour, you die.

Clean and simple, but even this is not enough to keep a small population of us from diving.

Mods: This thread should be moved...

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to dive alone...I'd like to find some skilled, willing, enjoyable partners to dive with. I'm considering all locations, all lodging etc... I will NEVER dive solo...I'm just looking for dive buddies in the absence of my wife for this trip. THanks!

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to dive alone...I'd like to find some skilled, willing, enjoyable partners to dive with. I'm considering all locations, all lodging etc... I will NEVER dive solo...I'm just looking for dive buddies in the absence of my wife for this trip. THanks!

Sorry, nevermind...

You didn't mention kids. From married with kids myself have to be a little careful about the guy trips. Actually going with others is a plus as she knows is big plus as she feels there are an extra set eyes on you.

The more the resort caters to families the less red flags you arouse. Doesn't have to family only per se, easier to get to spouse. Really Honey, I only want to dive at the Hedonism resort doesn't cut water. Any local with that reputation only cause headache after.

You might have the most trusting and honest marriage, but trust me after 16 years the less fires you have to put out the less headache when get home. PS on guy only ski trip right now. :wink:

I'd pick a resort easy for you get to, minimum transfers and the most lenient baggage restrictions on airline carrier. Then pick as many boat dives resort offers with unlimited shore dives. After you get good airline airfare, good hotel accommodations the rest is little easier.

Im sure you might have been looking for more specific which places are a diver's Mecca, but just about any dive spot in Caribbean will do. The practical aspects of who is going with you and where you are going are very important as well.

Really Honey, I only want to dive at the Hedonism resort doesn't cut water. Any local with that reputation only cause headache after.

Quote of the day there. I concur, I would never hear the end of it, especially if it was some sort of warm destination.

If you manage to get away with this, you need to write a book

Go to south Florida. The weather is warm and the water warming up and some excellent diving and you don't need a passport.

Quote of the day there. I concur, I would never hear the end of it, especially if it was some sort of warm destination.

If you manage to get away with this, you need to write a book

Yep. I have a book at home title "Everything Men Know about Women.". All the pages are blank.

Picked up I college, stayed with me all these years.

On a similar note, you might want to avoid photographing good looking women on the beach.

For a dive trip with a lot of diving, especially if you travel alone, one option would be a package with Dive Hut in Bonaire, using WannaDive dive shop. Economical, especially if you don't have a roommate, from what I understand, and the affiliated dive shop WannaDive is reputable and has more than one location to get tanks. You'd need to be able to drive stick and get used to their road signs, which are different from ours. That said, you could do a LOT of shore diving, on your own schedule.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom