Why dive wrecks like Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals, i can tell that you are a neophyte diver, you really are not familiar with those diving spots i aforementioned.i didn't say that there were wrecks in there, because i really hate going to wrecks, just not my tempo! i like the coron palawan dive because of the water temp. and the clarity of the water.
if you ever go on those diving spots, just give me a haller,, i'll show you around,let's meet and i'll be delightful to teach you the proper way of diving.

Centrals, i can tell that you are a neophyte diver, you really are not familiar with those diving spots i aforementioned.i didn't say that there were wrecks in there, because i really hate going to wrecks, just not my tempo! i like the coron palawan dive because of the water temp. and the clarity of the water.
if you ever go on those diving spots, just give me a haller,, i'll show you around,let's meet and i'll be delightful to teach you the proper way of diving.
I don't think he's a beginner, judging from his profile. You might complete yours if you'd like to be taken more seriously, and don't call scuba tanks "Oxygen tanks." :D

…I would not dive the Doria -- that dive is too much work and risk for me. But in that one incandescent moment on the Thistlegorm, I at least knew WHY people dive wrecks like that.

Hmmm Brass. As a recovering Brassoholic, I am surprised that nobody mentioned the irresistible magnetic attraction to shiny metal???? Maybe it’s a guy thing. :wink:

Nah, I never been interested in taking anything off a wreck. Nothing moral or ethical, just no interest in preserving, displaying, dusting or hiding something away in storage.

I have been to Coron on several occasions and the clarity of the water never impressed me. Must be the wrong time of the year!!!
It is Coron Bay and not Corona Bay, don't get mix up with a beer!!
What is the proper way of diving?

BTW, you are on "wreck diving" section of Scuba Board so if you are not interested on the topic there is suitable alternative.

I have been diving in all those places that you had mentioned + San Fernando, El Nido, Honda Bay(Puerto Princesa), Southern Leyte, Malapascua, Camiguin, Siquejor, Davao, General Santos, Tablas Strait, Romblon Island, Fortune Island, Apo Reef, Hunter's rock, Bohol, Boracay Camotes Island and Subic Bay. There are a lot of other places in Philippines that I would like to go. And perhaps you can suggest a few more in which you had dived before so a "neophyte" diver like myself can go and explore?
Thank you for your invitation but I choose my buddy.

Last edited:

Correct me if I am wrong but are you the same rovic who was considering not getting his OW certification in june/july of 2011, due to concerns related to safety of the sport?

Correct me if I am wrong but are you the same rovic who was considering not getting his OW certification in june/july of 2011, due to concerns related to safety of the sport?

Hey! You're right there it is!

by rovic July 17th, 2011, 02:54 PM Replies19Views1,011
Hi ,i want to try scuba diving pls help!...
hello!,,i'm totally new to scuba, i've been thinking of scuba diving since the last five years,,,i'm really skeptical in getting into diving because of safety reasons, my question is,... is diving...​

Hey! You're right there it is!

by rovic July 17th, 2011, 02:54 PM Replies19Views1,011
Hi ,i want to try scuba diving pls help!...
hello!,,i'm totally new to scuba, i've been thinking of scuba diving since the last five years,,,i'm really skeptical in getting into diving because of safety reasons, my question is,... is diving...​

I would be scared too, if i was scuba diving with just oxygen tanks..

It's about history and the human experience. Diving a wreck is a window into history. A shipwreck isn't something to just stare at and say "ooooooh, pretty" (which I say when I see pretty reefs and fishes, so I'm not against doing that), a shipwreck is a glimpse at the tragedy, that very moment at that very time in history. A moment frozen in time.

Weird. I'm a wreck-a-holic, I know some people who aren't, but I've never met someone who hated wrecks. :idk:
But what do I know?
Well, I do know that we don't dive with oxygen tanks!

Back
Top Bottom