In 130 hours it comes to an end

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It’s hard to believe that what started in October 1976 will be coming to an end at the end of this month. Very mixed emotions right now but it’s time top pass it on to the next generation. 13 more 10 hour days is all that are left.:depressed:

Now you can dive for the fun of it! Enjoy!!

Brother, I hope your retirement goes as well as mine has. It is a tough day walking away for the last time, but it is always a load of fun going back for a visit or someone else's retirement party. You deserve the very best and I am hopeful the citizens in your community recognize your selfless service over a long and distinguished career. It is people like you that are held out as role models and consequently, our world is a better place. I only wish I could attend the retirement party and thank you in person. Stay safe and enjoy a long life of happiness and peace.

Reactions: Jax
So where do you have your first post retirement trip planned to? :cool2:

From my experience, retirement was not so much of a singular event as an extended process. It can be stressful for some, some feel a bit lost for a while while they find the new "me", and some seek other employment to fill their day. I'm a recent (6 months) retiree. I found that putting structure into the day (i.e. gym, hobbies, volunteering etc.) helps with the transition. Once there... it's great! Congratulations.

I salute you Gary. Well done and well deserved.

Enjoy it. I did nothing for a year but fish, dive, and enjoy my family. Then I went back to work in a second career and will retire again soon.

Remember the people, not the circumstances....

Gary: I wish you the absolute best for your retirement. I am CERTAIN that is has well earned. I hope that you are able to enjoy yourself and continue to dive, except for fun! I am worried as you have always been the bonding factor to this forum and I hope that we can keep this going. You will be missed! Enjoy the next chapter of your life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom