Scubapro MK25/A700 black tec regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the mk25/a700 combo with miflex as my goto hoses. I dive every weekend without fail. Hundreds of dives with this combo in both HP and LP hose combo. IMHO, the mk25/A700 is the best money can buy.

If you dive cold water, then the Mk17/A700 is the best money can buy. In this part of the world, I see 10 Mk17 first stages for every Mk25. That being said, I think the Mk 25 is fabulous for warmer waters.

I am quite interested in a miflex hose for my A700 and I can't see how the free parts for life could possibly be affected by changing the hose. Just my 2psi.

Is it true? If I upgrade the original regulator hoses from Scubapro to Miflex. It will void the lifetime parts replacement warranty???? Also, what does the community think about the Miflex hoses?
No, it does not void your FPFL.

If anyone is interested, we still have one of these gems.

Any hose that is not SP approved (not sold by SP) voids the warranty on the reg. we were told this by SP in the export meeting at DEMA last year. is it BS? absolutely. would anybody ever know if you swapped the hoses back b4 bringing regs in for service? not a chance. do I dive miflex hoses on every MK25 I own (all 5 of them) yup. never had a problem with the neck chaffing, luckily; and I dive a long hose on my Tec, rec, and sidemount kits and make ~500 dives a year (damn captain things got me sitting on the boat way too much lately).

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.744792,-64.705746

That being said, I think the Mk 25 is fabulous for warmer waters.

I hardly call 40f (4 celsius) water as warm(er)!! Those who label the MK25 as warm water reg dont know what they are talking about. Have dived them with S600 in 40f water and never had any issues.

Last edited:
I guess it's a matter of degree (pun intended) :) I have seen many posts on SB about people having issues in cold water with the Mk 25. It may be that they don't have good cold water technique or that their regs are set up wrong. All I know is that in cold water (0-4 celsius), a Mk17 is probably a better choice.

I am certainly not saying that Mk 25 regs are for tropical water only. They do have a thermal protection system (or whatever Scubapro calls it) but they are not a sealed diaphram design which, IMHO, is a better setup for cold water.

Back
Top Bottom