heading to BH this weekend, Jan 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe. I planned on diving last weekend in Catalina but the Sun Diver has engine problems and we turned around halfway across the channel :-(
Did you plan Sat or Sun?

At 61 degrees water temp I am guessing that everyone dives dry suits down there?

doug - we are just diving on Saturday. Our daughter is moving into her new apt on Sunday (yeah) so she is packing all day Sat while we are gone and taking care of our dog. We plan to only do 2, maybe 3 dives before heading back home around 2pm.

spicy - No, you can dive wetsuit (I do) as long as it is 7mm, and you have hood and gloves. The big thing is to get out of wetsuit between dives, dry off, and get out of any wind. They now have a dry room with heat open to divers for between dives, too.

robin

well, we went yesterday.......... along with about 100 other divers! Holy cow, I have never seen so many divers there in January!! (and I have been going to BH for 11 years). Most of the divers were from Texas and Colorado, large groups with students. There were some groups of divers (non-students) from those states also.

It was windy and chilly but we still got to dive. Luckily the bldg was open and warm. The bathrooms are large, clean, with flushing toilets and have a changing area benches for changing into and out of wetsuits and showers. VERY nice!!! The bad thing about having so many people there is that everyone was running into the bldg to get out of wind between dives so the floors got wet and muddy by the end of the day. Not unexpected, but something to consider this summer when it really gets busy. The large classroom-front room area have several picnic type tables in it and those were full of divers all day long. Some divers were sitting on the floor in the room as there was no table space left. We even saw one instructor sitting in the hallway to bathrooms to do his dive briefings.

[-]I have a few photos to share. i will add them on shortly.[/-]

robin

here are the photos!
2012Jan28_BH60.jpg

2012Jan28_BH63.jpg

2012Jan28_BH67.jpg

2012Jan28_BH74.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished two dives. Robint beat me to posting pictures. Most everyone was finishing up when I dove. Got a chance to talk to Stella. It was good to see her. I met Stacy from New Mexico Scuba and cheered their students on as they did their graduation jump. The water was more cloudy then I remember for Sunday after all the students. It sure was good to be back in the water again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom