Cayman Water Temps.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Grand Cayman Feb. 1 - 10. Anyone have an idea as to the water temps. and the appropriate wetsuit (thickness - I have a 3, 5, & 7) to pack? Thanks.

I wore a 3-mm Neoprene full size suit there when the water temp was 81 degrees (as it is now) and it was perfect.

I was there about a month ago and bottom temps ranged from 78-82º. I wore a full 3mm wetsuit the whole time and was fine, but my buddy ended up having to rent an additional 3mm to layer over his full 3mm....so it might just be up to how could you usually get

As always, depends on the person. My wife, son and I were there last month and wearing very different outfits. He was in board shorts and rash, me in 3mm with beanie, and my wife was layered in Thermalution 70M heated shirt, LavaCore full suit, full 3mm Henderson and a beanie. We were doing 3 to 5 dives per day for a week. I had purchased the 70M so I could wear the 3mm and turn on the heat if I felt cold. Now my wife is getting her own 70M so I can use mine next trip. If you are doing a lot of dives every day for a week, you might want your 5mm after a few days.

Hope you have great conditions and no equipment failures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom