Diving in Barbados- Any help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caileon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,
Will be going to Barbados soon. The dive package I am thinkning of getting only has 2 boat dives a day. Is this standard? Is there any operations that do 3 boat dives a day or more. I have read that the shore diving can be a pain in the ass. My group is going to dive. I really don't want to do just 2 boat dives a day and sit on my ass for the next 20 hours of the day waiting for the next boat dive. Can you arrange night dives etc.?
If there is shore diving, what are the sites, where do you rent the tanks. Any help would be great.

Eric

Depending on the size of your group, if you have enough people, I am sure many of the dive ops will work with you on a custom schedule. I've seen it done for groups as small as six. Make a couple calls, most ops won't turn business away.

Hello,
Will be going to Barbados soon. The dive package I am thinkning of getting only has 2 boat dives a day. Is this standard? Is there any operations that do 3 boat dives a day or more. I have read that the shore diving can be a pain in the ass. My group is going to dive. I really don't want to do just 2 boat dives a day and sit on my ass for the next 20 hours of the day waiting for the next boat dive. Can you arrange night dives etc.?
If there is shore diving, what are the sites, where do you rent the tanks. Any help would be great.

Eric

Hi caileon

Check out www.divehightide.com, ( info@divehightide.com ) they cater for groups with their large covered deck pontoon boat, you can do 3 dives a day plus night dives. They also have their own accommodation www.gibbsbayinn.com and the dive boat will pick up your divers from the beach in front of the guest house. youtube : gibbs bay inn .

What size group do you have ? and when are you looking to travel ?
Check out www.bluecaribbeanmag.com online and also sportdiver UK for some recent articles on Barbados Diving.

check the dive shop LTD at carlile bay. Recently spent a week with them doing two tanks , however they were doing three dives a day.
Great bunch and well run. A wade out to the boat with all sites a close ride. Didn't find any shore diving ops on island but their 4,5 and six day pkgs were very well priced. Viz was not what I expected but the island was a nice beak from the N.E. I Agree with PARZdiver, all ops are as accomodating as I've seen anywere - have fun

Hello,

Eric

Hello
check out our website Barbados Diving: The Dive Shop Ltd. - SCUBA in Barbados since 1965!, we offer 3 dives per day. Transportation from most areas, we offer group rates. Have 2 dive boats, all new equipment.
Oldest Dive Shop in Barbados
We arrange Night Dives once or twice a week to Carlisle Bay Ship Wrecks and Asta Reef.
email us at info@divebds.com

Dive Shop Ltd. took good care of us when we were in Barbados on January 2!

Hey Eric,

We just got back from a cruise that included Barbados. We could have opted to purchase a 'shore excursion' that hooked us up with the local dive shops nearby the cruise dock/harbor. But we decided to book the diving ourselves and went with Phillip at Reefers & Wreckers Dive Shop Barbados. They were EXCELLENT!!!!! We dove the 'Stav', a Greek Freighter with the stern sitting at 140 FSW. The top of the mast is at about 15-20 FSW, and a rope from the buoy to the deck is an easy descent. We had crystal clear vis at least 100', and very little current or surge. The Dive Master took us on an easy penetration that was no problem and the only issue I had was a tank not topped off, so I was a bit empty after my safety stop, but it was a fantastic dive. They then took us over to Carlisle Bay where we spent almost an hour with another tank and 3-4 wrecks in about 30 FSW. We found out that we could have scheduled a 3 tank dive if we didn't have the cruise ship deadline. They do night dives, and they have tanks, weights, and wetsuits, as well as other gear, if needed. They are at the northern part of the island, but they will gladly arrange transportation for you, and are really all around nice guys...Whatever you decide to do, have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom