SL 1200 Battery Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trailblazer1229

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After reading some of the reviews, I purchased an extra battery for my new 1200. I have not used it yet, but in reading the manual, it seems to make reference to the battery having a "memory." Is this accurate? On first use, the manual recommends fully charging and then discharging (I just left my camera on all night and it eventually ran out of juice). If I am not going to use my camera until the weekend, should I leave the battery completely dead and charge it the night before a dive? Or, charge the battery full and take it out of the charger (as it recommends) and leave it full in the camera until the dive? Will it loose much of a charge after a week? Then should I completely discharge it after a dive? The manual wasn't too helpful on this. Just trying to extend the life of the battery. With our other cameras, we just leave them in the charger, fully charged until we plop them in the camera.

Any advice/experience with this?

Trailblazer1229,

Now that you have charged and discharged the battery you are good to charge it up and leave it whenever you would like. I personally like to through mine in the night before a dive anyways just to make sure it is "topped up" but charging the week before and then just diving with it should be OK, no "leakage".

Mine leaks in the camera, not out of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom