Does Z2 breathe wet when inverted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As per the title, can any Z2 owners chime in and advise if it breathes wet when inverted/funny positions? Thanks.

Last edited:
i've got the B2 which is the same design, different materials on the important stuff. i tend to check on my buddy by looking under my armpit which puts my head pretty much upside-down fairly frequently. always breathes dry for me.

-ben

Unless the regulator is not operating properly, they all breathe dry... except for the water you allow to leak around the mouthpiece. You probably don’t notice the leakage when the exhaust mushroom valve is at the lowest point because the water exits with the air. That is why many side-exhaust regulators get the underserved “wet-breather” label.

You don’t need a death grip on the mouthpiece to keep a dry seal. You might need to think about it and experiment until you develop a comfortable position that gives you a good seal.

Last edited:
Heh, my B2 might be a little mal-adjusted, but if i don't seal my mouth on it, it'll freeflow! It's fine being placed face-down into the water and it'll stay off if I switch to my octo, but I've noticed unsealing my lips leads to a nice stream of bubbles. I usually de-tune it until I get deeper to mitigate. It's only got ~20 dives on it out of the box, so I assume this is how it's sposta be?

I may well be maladjusted and I am sure my wife would say I am but my Atomic regs breaths dry no matter what position I am in.

Mine breathes dry no matter what position you are in.

Doubler how the hell does your reg breath dry regardless of the OP position? Sounds kinda funny to me unless you two are sharing air.

I may well be maladjusted and I am sure my wife would say I am but my Atomic regs breaths dry no matter what position I am in.

Doubler how the hell does your reg breath dry regardless of the OP position? Sounds kinda funny to me unless you two are sharing air.

thats funny:rofl3: Maybe Im getting Doublers water and thats why mines wet and his/hers isnt.

Last edited:
Would it also breath dry if put vertically? I mean to say if you stay upside-down with you legs up and your head down like on 90 degrees line for let's say 5 minutes?

I got into an argument with a buddy-diver the other day who says that all the regulators breath dry no mater what their position is. What I experienced was a little different. In fact, it does not breath dry at all when you hang in water upside down for some time. Am I not right on that?

Would it also breath dry if put vertically? I mean to say if you stay upside-down with your legs up and your head down like on 90 degrees line for let's say 5 minutes?

I got into an argument with a buddy-diver the other day who says that all the regulators breath dry no mater what their position is. What I experienced was a little different. In fact, it does not breath dry at all when you hang in water upside down for some time. Am I not right on that?​

Back
Top Bottom