Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of this talk about weight belts has caught my attention. I saw this thread and first started thinking about the tech express becasue I knew it would fit. I weigh a little over 300lbs and I liked that one size fits all. If I lose weight I liked that the tech express would still fit. In fact if I gained weight, heaven forbid, it will also still fit. This made it very appealing. However I dive mostly in socal with a 7mm wetsuit. This means I need lots of weight. About half of my current weights are made of a soft weight belt. I love the thing because its so comfortable. If I switch over to an express tech would I have to give up my soft weight belt?

No, like any other BC, you can dive pretty much any weight system you like. You do need to think about the order you put things on, crotch strap, then the weight belt but otherwise, there is nothing different than any other non weight intergrated BC (even if you have the optional weight intergration).

Hi all,

I'm trying to find an express tech with 44lb for my wife, after buying one last year she really wants one. Leisure pro, scuba toys, etc are all sold out off 44lbers. I'm in the last 6 weeks of nursing school and I don't have time to drive around before we go on vacation to celebrate this spring. Does anyone have anything in mind? I emailed zeagle directly too. Why is the stock so low everywhere, x-mas sales, or are they going to stop making them?.....

SKU: ZGLET

Zeagle Express Tech BCD 44lb Bladder
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Item Status:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Shipped in full [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shipped Via:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] UPS Ground Delivery (5-7 Business Days) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tracking No.:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1Z1RE0510318443948 [/FONT]
Orng-Arrow.gif
Review this item
Quantity: 1
$260.95

What are you using an express tech for that requires 44lbs of lift? I find 34 is enough for me even when using a steel 95.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
I need it with my twin steel 130s. Unlike extra lead, there are no real negatives in carrying extra lift. I have actually found it nice when I am diving a single tank and happen upon an anchor I want to salvage. I've had three anchors in tow all at the same time. Two on lift bags and one in my hand.

Unless you are running a salvage operation like Pete :) , why do you need such a large bladder? I originally had a 24 on mine but have since swapped it out for a 18 that I had (no longer available, I got it some time back). Even diving dry, 25-35 should be more than you would ever need.

I thought the Express Tech was a rig that included a single tank sized wing?

I agree, 30 lbs. of lift is more than enough lift, even for a single steel tank and a dry suit.

But........people do all sorts of stuff???

-Mitch

Unless you are encountering a taco effect, what's the real gain for having such a small lift? I remember diving a small lift BC (not a Zeagle) and was handed a steel 30CF stage bottle. I didn't have enough lift for both steels. Now, I teach in a 30 pound wing and my class consists of the 30 pound wings, but I do love my 44 pound set up. It's what I tech dive in (including side mount) all the time.

What are you using an express tech for that requires 44lbs of lift? I find 34 is enough for me even when using a steel 95.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Not for single tank rec diving. But lets not digress guys. Where do I get one

Pete, I'm assuming (usually a bad idea) that you are still using only a t-shirt/trunks for exposure protection. Those requiring some neoprene to stay warm may need less wing lift. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom