Diving Locations on East Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swidmaye

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Scubaboard!

I've recently obtained by Open Water Diver certification and I've learned that the dive experience is addictive. I want to continue to go consistently (despite being a full time student at the University of Delaware), but I'm at a loss for decent dive locations anywhere near here. I can do basic searching, but has anyone been anywhere special near here that would make my searching easier? Thanks!!

~Sam

Can't help you in that region, as I'm a bit north of you (Maine). However, a quick google search for DE dive clubs yields a result you might email for more info:

Dive Club Name: Deleware Underwater Swim Club
City: Wilmington
State: DE
Dive Club Email: [email]Jtuss6@aol.com[/EMAIL]

Also may be useful: Delaware Diving Doesn't give locations or such, but it gives names, which may help you find them.

No problem. I've been lucky enough to find some amazingly detailed maps and lists for my state, so I figured I would try to give you a hand.

Shore diving is a rarity on all of Delmarva, I have found. The bays are very shallow for a ways out from the shore. I would figure the best bet would be a charter -- perhaps out of Ocean City, MD. In NJ there is a bit of shore diving and some charters in the North. And a few spots and charters on Long Island, NY--L.I. Sound & Atlantic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom