Winter dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roastbeef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Wow! so far this winter hasn't been to bad has any one been diving around HB how the vis.

Humber on X'mas eve was awesome, over 100' of vis. Was told it was great yesterday too (New Year Eve)

It was good viz out to the culverts on New Year's Eve, then it went downhill. It was about 40 ft at Cedar Hill, Wiarton, on New Year's day.

Hopefully the vis has remained good at Cedar Hill for two dives this Saturday. The nice warm forecasted weather should hopefully make sure it is not a slippery entry as well.

Got one dive in at Cedar Hill on Saturday. When I arrive the surface was nice and calm and it was not too windy. There was a heck of a chop on the surface when I finally got in the water. I could not believe how clear the water was.....as in a vis of ~40-50 feet but very little of the usual particulate floating. I wish I had had my camera because it looked great. 39° on my Cobra and 40° on my N2ition.

we did the lock 21 as Saturday, great viz, great dive, except for the 2 free flows... It sure is cold right now

too cold to play this last weekend...
water is still 36*f but tooooo damn cold outside -15*F
stuff breaks too easily!!!!
like seals!!!!
this weekend coming sounds good though
have fun
yaeg

@Quail, we did not have any ice but that was on the 7th, before the few days of very cold weather....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom