Tips to improve buoyancy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I liked TSandM's post. Anyone can take pictures on a dive. But getting quality images, video or stills, requires many skills pertaining to the photo taking, and concentrating on them requires what TSandM's lecturer called "transparent diving," that is, the ability to be in control of, or rather command of buoyancy, breathing, body position, and equipment. The same is true if you are a commercial diver involved in tasks like boat maintenance, or even being a divemaster leading other divers. Accordingly, in the spirit of the thread title, here are my tips on buoyancy, body and position control:

1. be properly weighted
2. be in good physical condition so that movement and exertion don't cause "heavy breathing"
3. add and subtract air from the bc in very very small amounts.
4. trim buoyancy often
5. don't move any more than necessary
6. be aware of depth changes - be aware of everything
7. be an active diver- dive dive and dive some more.

Most divers in such control of their buoyancy, movement and position have done quite a bit of diving, but there are some with a talent for it, and some who will struggle forever with it. All of us had a first dive, when we were less proficient (hopefully) than we were on our last dive. Motivation (I want to take nice pictures) is a factor, but we should all be motivated on every dive to be environmentally responsible and a safe diver. So be active as a diver, practice and improve those skills, and they will become second nature- like breathing.
DivemasterDennis

Everything has been written here .. so i just write this as a greeting from fellow diver who also suffers from being land-locked in Shanghai (which is kinda funny considering there is hardly another 10+M level city with MORE water around than Shanghai :)

If u feel like a beer or coffee with some talk about diving, let me know. Have a great time, 鲁 :-)

Back
Top Bottom