Whytecliff - The Cut video Dec 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry

Contributor
Reaction score
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
# of dives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM52te5BpKU

This time I actually took down a Contour Roam as well as Contour +. I put both footage on the video. It's best watched in 1080 if you have the screen and the net connection.

For comparison purposes, they both shoot the same quality. You can't really tell the difference from one footage to the other (except that my Roam lens was a little dirty. Note to self, clean lens next time).

For the people who are considering the Contour. The Roam is super easy to use. One slide button to film and that's it. The + has two buttons; one button to power up and the slide button to start filming.

The Roam has minimum adjustments while the + has all sorts of adjustments that can be accomplished via bluetooth and your smart phone or via hardwire to your computer while you are downloading. The adjustments are such things like multiple white balance setting, sound levels etc. There is also a shooting position 1 or 2 feature which allows you to preset a personal shooting parameter and then quickly switch between the two without having to go back to the settings menu.

For example, I have setting one as 1080, 30 fps and setting two as 720, 60 fps for slow mo. I can quickly switch between the two depending on what I want to shoot, just not while it's in the u/w housing and under water.

The + also has a GPS feature which I disabled as I assumed that it will eat up more battery life and I can't get a GPS fix under water anyway.

I own a GoPro 1080 Hero as well and would put it on the video as comparison but I don't own a blur fix so it would be an unfair comparison.

On this third video I shot, I learned to edit the video with white balance setting in iMovie. It does't change much but does make some of the colour pop a bit more.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Thanks Henry for the memories. The only thing we miss here in the tropics is diving in BC.

Great video!! I really enjoyed watching it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom