Whats inside a Stinger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was cleaning my Suunto Stinger today and opened up the black plastic ventilated cover on the side. I cleaned out the gunk on the edges and the metal disk. I also saw a white foamy substance on the hole left inside the watch. Anyone know what this is? Is it supposed to be there?

Thanks

I was cleaning my Suunto Stinger today and opened up the black plastic ventilated cover on the side. I cleaned out the gunk on the edges and the metal disk. I also saw a white foamy substance on the hole left inside the watch. Anyone know what this is? Is it supposed to be there?

Thanks

Yes, that foamy substance is the factory built in protection for the pressure sensor. You mess up with it or damage it in any way and you can kiss good bye to your computer. Limit yourself to cleaning (washing out with distilled water would be better) any debris inside the cavity and install back the plastic cover.

• Whats inside a Stinger?

1 3/4 oz brandy
  • 3/4 oz white Creme De Menthe
Preparation:

1. Pour the ingredients into an old-fashioned glass with crushed ice.
  2. Stir well.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom