aladin 2g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knelson58

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
looking to purchase aladin 2g. it will be are first dive computer put we go to cozumel and just got nitrox certified. anybody have one, and could give me some feed back on their opinions and experiences.

Mine has worked great so far, and I have around 100 dives on it. Get a bungee mount for it and you are set. I run mine in gauge mode, so if I was to do it over again I would purchase a Liquid Vision OLED bottom timer.

Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Thanks to ScubaPro I got one to replace my Tec 2G that was stolen last summer. I like it... seems even easier for my "mature" eyes to read underwater and I've gotten the hang of the menu buttons much more quickly than I did on the Tec 2G.

Everyone I know of loves the predecessor Tec 2G. The algorithms are the same, with multi-level stops and the Position-Dependent Intermediate Stop (PDIS) in it.

ScubaPro Uwatec is wonderful at service. The software is consistantly updated and always available on the website. Version 2.07 is out now. The infrared means you can use any infrared device - get one capable of 64-bit and you'll have it forever. No special cable means very inexpensive to download, unlike some computers.

Deep sea supply makes a bungee mount for it, so you can buy just the puck. Infrared transmitter is around $10-20 if you include shipping. Device will keep up to 100 dives with full details, so you can hold off on the infrared until you come back.

Disclosure: I have seven Uwatecs; I don't know why people might think I'm biased.

you can see the Aladin 2G in action with our simulators (eDiving and divePAL) and in the Aladin 2G online class

divepal_scubapro_aladin2g.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom