Bad bubble noise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there anything available on the market that i could put on my regulator exhaust to get the noisy bubbles away from my ears and no I don't want to go back to a double hose system or rebreather. Every reg I have ever used does this so it is not a brand specific problem. Maybe this is one of my million dollar ideas that I will not follow up on.

Have you considered investing in one of those super-thick, super-warm custom hoods made by Otter Bay?
Kill two birds with one stone. :idk:

If you wanted to go the DIY route, I suppose you could think about how to better route the exhaust bubbles away from the ears. Manufacturers have come up with ways to alter the path of such bubbles by changing the "width" of the exhaust tee. Ostensibly, this is to keep bubbles from interfering with the diver's field of view.
The Aqualung Kronos second stage has an asymmetric exhaust design (one less ear affected?).

Good luck...

Is there anything available on the market that i could put on my regulator exhaust to get the noisy bubbles away from my ears

How about 2 short lengths of flexible hose-pipe, sealed into the reg exhaust ports with aqua-seal...then secured at the top to your mask straps using snorkel retainers?

Bubble would bypass your face/ears and vent into the water above your head.

How about 2 short lengths of flexible hose-pipe, sealed into the reg exhaust ports with aqua-seal...then secured at the top to your mask straps using snorkel retainers?

That would be rather interesting looking. Like a truck with smoke stacks.

Given such a setup, how easily could the diver remove and replace his mask?

tec-snorkeller[1].jpg

How about 2 short lengths of flexible hose-pipe, sealed into the reg exhaust ports with aqua-seal...then secured at the top to your mask straps using snorkel retainers? Bubble would bypass your face/ears and vent into the water above your head.

Despite borrowing one of the trucks pistons for the horsepower required to exhale

An old post from 2009:

There is an old thread somewhere in the DIY section where a poster took a loop of bicycle inner tube, zip-tied each end to the exhausts of his conventional single hose mouthpiece. A larger hole was cut in the loop that would sit at the back of the neck for the exhaled air to escape from and some smaller holes closer to the mouthpiece to cover the situation of being inverted and to avoid any sifon effects affecting breathing. IIRR he and a couple of other posters tested the idea with good results.
Almost as good as a dual hose setup for a very small investment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom