Planning a trip to San Diego, any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mike - Shore diving is great in SD if you know what you are doing and have experience. If you are comfortable with a 200 yard surface swim we swim straight out from the lifeguard tower at La Jolla Shores, then drop down and head east into the submarine canyon. Conditions can be sketchy, and it helps to have lots of gas because the dive gets deep quick. A better option for visitors is usually to catch a local dive boat to the wrecks or kelp beds. I would recommend Waterhorse Charters or the Marissa Dive Boat.

Hey Mike - Shore diving is great in SD if you know what you are doing and have experience. If you are comfortable with a 200 yard surface swim we swim straight out from the lifeguard tower at La Jolla Shores, then drop down and head east into the submarine canyon. Conditions can be sketchy, and it helps to have lots of gas because the dive gets deep quick. A better option for visitors is usually to catch a local dive boat to the wrecks or kelp beds. I would recommend Waterhorse Charters or the Marissa Dive Boat.

Sounds like fun..! Will look into a day boat when I get closer to the trip. A liveaboard sounds like fun as well, but this might be a better option.

Thanks again...

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom