New twin set rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goodness, while you all are arguing the hose . . .

I am looking at the position of the D-rings. If they are indeed correct for you, and the hose is a good length for you; Joel, can you reach your valves? I'm thinking you must be a big, barrel-chested dude.

Jax is right.

When you look at the inflator in light of the D ring position. It just may be that it is the correct length for this diver. I know the stock Halcyon inflator does not allow me to orally inflate my wing.

I was clearly making the point for a shorter hose. No one else took issue with my post. That should tell you something. :wink:

Yeah it tells me everyone else was too busy piling on the OP...

I know you were making a case for a shorter hose; my point is that following your post would lead to too short a hose; a worse problem than too long IMO

There is nothing wrong with your kit as long as you are happy and safe.
What is the opinion of your instructor on:
1. Length of the corrugated hose + inflator hose. 14", 16", 19"?
2. Postion of the D-ring. Shouldn't it be just below the collar bone?
3. Quick release buckle etc. Replace it with one lenght of harness?
4. Can you orally inflated your BC with shorter hose(s)?

It takes much inner strength, you know
intestinal fortitude to come out in such
numbers, so blatantly obviously having
only seen manufacturers advertising, of
this type of gear and listening to others
on here.

I suppose because his collar bones are
not, where his shoulder blades should
be

He picked up his gear and decided to flee

Got the heck out of Dodge rather than the
tombstone and box

Not returning to the place where the advice
given is pox

G'day Joel
Best not to listen to the internet experts and take your new rig for some shake down dives so we can make the adjustments needed to get it spot on, it look splendid and I am sure will be super comfy to dive.

As we discussed
If after diving the rig you find the Corrugated hose is too long for you give me a shout and we will just chuck a shorter one FOC.

If you find you don't like the Zeagle Deluxe harness then we can swap it out for a single length of webbing, but as we spoke about getting in and out of the rig on the small boats we dive out of is much easier with the deluxe and is the preferred harness for the diving we are doing here in WA.

Rest assured you are not going to "die" with the rig and comments like this from the peanut gallery are just stupid. We have sold many hundreds of the deluxe harness and Zeagle I am sure thousands and to my knowledge never had a buckle fail or crack.

My understanding is Joel posted a photo of his new rig as he excited and eager to show it off and get into more technical diving.
Disappointing but not surprising at the negativity some of you show a new tech diver but that just seems to be the common theme on SB these days.

Joel Looking forward to heading out to the deeper wrecks and sorting out a trip down to the Sanko early next year for some dives with you

Cheers
Chriso

Last edited:
Yep

Rest assured you are not going to "die" with the rig and comments like this from the peanut gallery are just stupid

It's a running joke. Most of the comments in this thread were meant to be somewhat humorous even if sometimes they didn't come across that way

Nonetheless while getting in & out of a QR harness may be easier than a continuous harness, I don't think it's necessary; I dive doubles from small boats all the time and don't have any problems, and buckles have been known to fail or be accidentally released

Anyway, nice to see you stand behind your products and the offer to swap out the harness or inflator hose shows that

Tortuga
Telling people they are going to die, joke or not, its bloody poor form !!

As to the way Joel and other divers decide to set up their harness's, whist your comments I am sure are appreciated by some you don't know the circumstances of the dives nor the diver, what may work great for you may not be ideal for someone else. Not everyone needs or wants a single length webbing harness and believe it or not there are other ways to setup a BP&W other than DIR/Hograthian

All I am saying is just take a second to think about what you have typed before hitting the post button...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom