New twin set rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well if you look at the side where the inflator is compared to the other side the wing is bent. When im wearing itit goes over my shoulder nicely and is just the right length, the LP hose from the right post is just the right length so i think its fine.
l

We got ourselves an expert!

annoyed-got-ourselves-an-expert.jpg

Seriously... Joel.... you come on here to ask some opinions. You got opinions... from several very experienced technical divers.

It's waaaaay long.

I don't need an explanation, or rationalisation... I know the kit like the back of my hand, I live and breathe diving in doubles. It's LONG.

Why bother to ask in the first place?

images_bigger.jpg

Last edited:
Actually he didn't ask anything... but this is scubaboard so he got told anyway!

The inflator hose need only be raised above the top of the wing in a vertical orientation.

If that were the only criteria then inflator hoses would be 6" long

Actually he didn't ask anything... but this is scubaboard so he got told anyway!

You're right, so my apologies are due for saying that he had. Still... can't quite fathom why he'd post the pic if he didn't want some critique.

Or was he expecting something like this;

"Ohhhh...look.... and off-the-shelf wing set-up with a custom 'Dirk Diggler' LPI set-up... thanks for sharing... it's ground-breaking for the whole tec community!!!"

Whos-Awesome_Dog.jpg

You guys are mean :)

That inflator hose would drive me batty, though. The rest of the kit looks nice, and I'm glad the OP is enjoying it.

God bless you TS&M, you have got to be the nicest person on this board.
To the OP - you have bought it now, so dive it for a while and see what you think.
You may come to agree with a lot of what has been said here.
Or you may not...

The moment you add a deco tank or two to this rig you'll realize why the inflator IS too long. And why the plastic clip/strap thing is also not too fun.

Until then, enjoy diving. :)

True, but I never made the claim...

True, he didn't.

The only observation made has been that the hose is long. It is a long hose. FACT. Given the range of corrugated hose lengths available for wings, it falls into the 'long category'. It is a lengthy hose. That hose is elongated.

To make things clearer:

LONG snake..............and SHORT snake

Long-Snake-1.jpg3059684992_24754f6e85.jpg

LONG bridge..............and SHORT bridge
donghai-bridge.jpgbridge-water-taylor-park.jpg

LONG hose....and SHORT hose
107714d1320834342-new-twin-set-rig-twins.jpg489b69248b99f7ffdb64f4689434.jpg

True, but I never made the claim...

The inflator hose need only be raised above the top of the wing in a vertical orientation

Not sure what point you were trying to make then... yes you don't need a super long hose to do that. But if you choose your hose length but that criterion alone then it will be too short for, say, oral inflation, which is what I was pointing out. In short I don't see how your statement is of any benefit in selecting the correct hose length, which is what was being discussed, albeit somewhat obliquely

Not sure what point you were trying to make then... yes you don't need a super long hose to do that. But if you choose your hose length but that criterion alone then it will be too short for, say, oral inflation, which is what I was pointing out. In short I don't see how your statement is of any benefit in selecting the correct hose length, which is what was being discussed, albeit somewhat obliquely

I was clearly making the point for a shorter hose. No one else took issue with my post. That should tell you something. :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom