On Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I love SCC, the diving, the accommodations, the staff, and the food. We are "been there, done that" divers who continue to return to SCC each year for several weeks at a time.

Different strokes for different folks.

Jim - You do have to admit, when you bring a dive club that takes up 1 or 2 of the big boats, you might get a little special treatment, especially when it comes to dive site selection.

Have only been there once and loved it.
My wife on the other hand didn't care for living with the Flintstones (cave man rooms)
I agree on the meals, breakfast and lunch were better.

I would return....

Adam,

Three words: Blue Angel Resort.

You can thank me later.

Other than good internet access to each room, it has everything you need/want.

I second this! All ocean view rooms. Boats leave at 8:00am, earlier then others, and get to the sites first. Food is very good.

I have been to SCC twice and would return in a heartbeat. I agree breakfast and lunch are their best meals and suggest getting the plan that does not include dinner as it is a quick walk to all kinds of restaurants. I think it is a VERY relaxing place with a lovely easy shore dive right there. I really don't want a TV and as long as I have wifi I am a happy camper. Most of the dive staff is great. There is one guy that I don't care for but the rest are very accommodating. I was there with just my family and not part of any group and they took great care of us and definitely took our opinions on where to dive. I am sure there are other great places, going to try a different one at Christmas, but I would not hesitate to suggest SCC to a friend.

Holy Crap!

Either somebody finally told the truth about the place, or what's going on?

I could swear I've read and seen countless, endless, bottomless, glowing reports about SSC forever here. I got the impression they invented scuba diving from all the people who swear by them.
scratch.gif

what's worse, they don't do those secret midnight panty raid dives either......

VARIABLE is a good description of SCC. When you receive the good side of what they have to offer, it can be great.

which box do I check to order up a dose of the 'good side' ?

Did I read something incorrectly above? Was that a pro-lionfish post?

so we have a Coz hater daring to post, who would also probably advocate trial-by-jury for accused lionfish ? Christi will be sending a JDAM towards ya any minute now.....

Jim - You do have to admit, when you bring a dive club that takes up 1 or 2 of the big boats, you might get a little special treatment, especially when it comes to dive site selection.

When it comes to dive site selection, I generally leave it to the dive guides. Sometimes the majority of the divers elects to go somewhere "special" and I'll ask the day before to make sure it's OK.

FWIW, TELL the dive guides where you want to go, TELL the dive guides what you want to see. TELL the boat crew you would like for them to hand down your camera. You'll be surprised at how hard they will work to give you what you want.

Back rolls? Reminds me of the diver who asked the dive guide, "Why do we do a back roll? Why not a front roll?" After a long pause, the dive guide replied, "But then you would still be in the boat."

would have been even more 'informative' if he'd given any detail on why he will not return to Cozumel at all, not just SCC.

I would return to Cozumel, but it would not be my choice in the near future. The reason, besides having a negative dive experience on this visit, is that because of the current your shore diving is limited to staying very shallow and close to shore. If you try to go farther and deeper in Coz you run the risk of being carried an unknown distance by the current. You certainly won't come out at the same place you entered.

Also, after this experience I'd be cautious about prepaying for the diving with one dive operator. It's a matter of hedging your bets, so if you get fed up with one dive operator you have the option to shore dive or go with someone else. At Scuba Club I was stuck.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom