The next generation in DPV technology - Logic Dive Gear Genesis 600/1240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering how long it would take him to find this thread... :facepalm:

Actually the Genesis speed can be set almost as slow as the fastest bladefish speed, and in that case it would have over 12 hours of run time, so if you want to look at it that way, it may be 10 times the cost, but it has over 20 time the performance. A screaming deal by that measure.

No, we already covered this for you today in another thread, those are $1500 snorkel toys which will never be in the same class as the Genesis, but if that is what you want to scuba dive with, go right ahead, just quit trying to stir the pot and hijack this thread with your love of inferior toys. You clearly haven't noticed or thought about why you have no supporters in you quest to push these toys on knowledgeable divers, which is why a22shady is 100% correct...

...now where did they move that wonderful "Ignore" button to when they changed to forum layout?

Nah...I still don't like it....there are much better affordable scooters on the market and I'll bet a Dive Extras scoot would blow it away IMHO

Nah...I still don't like it....there are much better affordable scooters on the market and I'll bet a Dive Extras scoot would blow it away IMHO

That's fine. In this particular case, I think it's actually better not having your endorsement. I hope your bladefish gives you years of faithful service.

Cheers,
Jon

And good luck with your promotional thread "though it's quite transparent and clearly know no bounds. How pathetic."

Looks great but the hose sticking out is an eye sore. Looks....DIY like. But great design ideas!

Oh and the guy who thinks bladefish is the greatest...dive a real DPV and then tell us how you like your pool toy. I had to pull a buddy back from shore diving (I was doing laps around him on the way out)...with my Hollis...he had shame written all over his face.

Cheers for engineering and not touchy feely bull****.

Looks great but the hose sticking out is an eye sore. Looks....DIY like. But great design ideas!

The hose encloses the cable for the speed control and trigger and is the exact same hose I've used on ROVs rated to 4000m and beyond. In those conditions it is oil filled and pressure compensated, but I have also used it at one atmosphere (internal pressure) on smaller inspection class ROVs where it has been run at 1200-1400 feet in Lake Tahoe for 8-12 hours at a time with no cold flow or damage. A custom double bulkhead cable would add about $300 to the price with no additional benefit (except maybe cosmetics for some) and they are more susceptible to cuts than the tubing. The other reason for the clear tube is that I'll be able to run a light pipe or two from the controller to give battery and controller status on later versions. But that won't be for a while.

Jon

The hose encloses the cable for the speed control and trigger and is the exact same hose I've used on ROVs rated to 4000m and beyond. In those conditions it is oil filled and pressure compensated, but I have also used it at one atmosphere (internal pressure) on smaller inspection class ROVs where it has been run at 1200-1400 feet in Lake Tahoe for 8-12 hours at a time with no cold flow or damage. A custom double bulkhead cable would add about $300 to the price with no additional benefit (except maybe cosmetics for some) and they are more susceptible to cuts than the tubing. The other reason for the clear tube is that I'll be able to run a light pipe or two from the controller to give battery and controller status on later versions. But that won't be for a while.

Jon

Aesthetics seems to be directly related to performance nowadays, so would you buy a Ferrari if they used spinner rims? Maybe use something to conceal the hose. Again, great design, and great ideas. Just something to ponder on.

:rofl3:1 mu

Oh and the guy who thinks bladefish is the greatest...dive a real DPV and then tell us how you like your pool toy. I had to pull a buddy back from shore diving (I was doing laps around him on the way out)...with my Hollis...he had shame written all over his face.

Cheers for engineering and not touchy feely bull****.

Excellent use of condescension! I am completely beneath you good ser....I too have shame written on my face:dork2:

I can't believe I just ran across this thread. Tells you how much I've been diving lately ... Jon, that is one kick ass looking scoot! I'm glad to see it finally materialize as you've been alluding to it for a long time now. I'd love to see how they run in the water one of these days.

Any chance it will be at dolphin to kick the tires, or play with in the pool? :eyebrow:

-C

I'd love to see how they run in the water one of these days.

Any chance it will be at dolphin to kick the tires, or play with in the pool? :eyebrow:

-C

Let me know the next time you're headed to Monterey. The demo units haven't been run in a few weeks and could use some exercise.

Cheers,
Jon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom