A bottom timer and multi gas computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Do any of you use a Nitek Q as your dive computer while using a NiTek Trio as your bottom timer? If so do you wear both of them on the same wrist\forearm? Im thinking right side in my case.

I dont care for or trust a digital compass so I wear a Suunto SK7 on my left forearm\wrist... next to my slate.

Last edited:
Why do you use both a bottom timer and a computer in the first place? If you want it for redundancy it can be put anywhere you can reach it, like in your pocket or on a console with the spg..

I dont care for Console SPG's if I can avoid them. Redundancy in the sense that I like to use the tables\slate with the bottom timer while having the DC running at the same time loggin my dive and hopefully backing up what I wrote on my slate.

Why do you use both a bottom timer and a computer in the first place? If you want it for redundancy it can be put anywhere you can reach it, like in your pocket or on a console with the spg..

If you do need both, it makes sense that the backup is on the other side, by the compass on the left arm. At least for the sake of differentiating the primary timing device to follow (the one on your right arm)...

I like my depth gauge on my right wrist, because then I can lift the inflator hose, reach back for the rear dump, or roll to vent my dry suit, and still have a constant view of my depth.

Then I would just use the wetnotes vs the slate. Since I do not care for the slate to be on my right forearm but that makes sense.

If you do need both, it makes sense that the backup is on the other side, by the compass on the left arm. At least for the sake of differentiating the primary timing device to follow (the one on your right arm)...

Are you right handed?

I like my depth gauge on my right wrist, because then I can lift the inflator hose, reach back for the rear dump, or roll to vent my dry suit, and still have a constant view of my depth.

That's sort of beside the point. Basically everyone has their wing inflator, rear wing dump, and drysuit dump mounted on the left. Easiest therefore to have your primary gauge on the right (which can remain visible).

I keep my backup BT on my left wrist. If you're going to carry two, might as well put them on different sides so one is always readable.

Are you right handed?

When I carry two, I keep one in a pocket.

As an aside, if the Trio is like the Duo and doesn't display seconds in BT mode, I'd switch it to another one that does (preferably with an easy-to-access stopwatch).

I didn't think about that. Good point.

That's sort of beside the point. Basically everyone has their wing inflator, rear wing dump, and drysuit dump mounted on the left. Easiest therefore to have your primary gauge on the right (which can remain visible).

I keep my backup BT on my left wrist. If you're going to carry two, might as well put them on different sides so one is always readable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom