Confess your SCUBA sins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 I don't use a "tube" to breath at the top

2 I lift my mask to the forhead at the top

3 I have gotten allmost all of my gear from ebay or yard sales or craigslist

4 I do all of my repairs and service all of my gear,,,,,yes I have all the manuals for this as well as having the background in the fields

5 my air compressor has a charcole and wool filter after the water separator and I will not change this out to a x13 or any other cimacal junk to take the water out of the air,,,,I fill my tanks with a stop watch in hand and am smart euogh to dump the water out of the perfilter at timed intervels.

6 I solo dive every dive, even if there are others diving at the same time I am diving. I'm not there to save some one, I'm there to dive after whatever I'm diving for.....now If I see some one having an isue, I'll lend a hand. however be that as it may thats not why I'm there.....

7 I come up faster then what my computer thinks is safe yet here I am typing this drivel

8 I dive overhead,deep,dark, and just about anything I Feel is safe for me........I Feel is safe

9 yea I piss the suit......there are kinds of peolpe.....those that will tell you they piss the suit and those that lie about it

10 I don't give a flying fish what padi (put another dallor in) thinks about how or when or whear or what maner I dive.

11 I don't spend any money at a LDS unless I have too, most of them are only trying to get free warmwater dive trips by filling seats on dive boats. I dive here at home in the USA my money go's to other countrymen for food gas and moltels/camping enters fee's to state parks or nationl parks.

12 I buy manuals online and study them myself, do all the drills......weed out the stuff that don't work for me and keep what dose.....I don't make a religon out of any one from or disaplin.

13 now here's the one that I am working on.......I don't take in as much water as I know I should after a dive!

14 I hate selfporclaimed Scuba gods that seem to live on these froums that have all this insite but never realy have time to realy go out and dive.

15 and I reall hate these butt-heads that show up at the dive sight with all there (brand new gear) and jump in and porceed to silt the place out leaving it undiveable for the rest......But hey thats not my sin so I'll stop right here!

I am not in anyway trying to say that anyone should do what I do, I do what I do as one, I have the time,two I don't have the money to dive any other way (I'm one of the 99%) this sport started out being just onther way for hunters to hunt.....
now it's all about money and making it so SAFE that it gets people that should not be doing it all, like the XXXL people (sorry if that hurts, there are ways to not be one of the XXXL peole).......Fear is one of the best ways to get the masses to do what the few want!

I would like to take this moment to thank all those here for the geart opratunity to B!ch about all of this......It was good for me,how about you?
Dale

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! I confess! I confess!

spanish_inquisition.jpg

My girlfriend's SAC is 1/2 of mine (hers is 0.3 cubic feet per minute), so I always run low on air wa-a-a-a-y before she does, especially when I take my camera.

So once I get down to about 1,000 p.s.i. is sneak up and start breathing off her octo so that I can stay down longer...

LOL Doc Steeling air from the girls!

There are two kinds of divers, ones that pee in their wetsuit...and ones that lie about it...I happen to be the kind to keep track of how many times ive done it.

OK, I gotta as... why?

Are you documenting it for a merit badge or something?

Is there a PADI "Pee In Your Wetsuit" certification card that you have to log a certain number of "yellow" dives for?

Do tell.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! I confess! I confess!

View attachment 107091

My girlfriend's SAC is 1/2 of mine (hers is 0.3 cubic feet per minute), so I always run low on air wa-a-a-a-y before she does, especially when I take my camera.

So once I get down to about 1,000 p.s.i. is sneak up and start breathing off her octo so that I can stay down longer...

Suggestions?

1) Plan for it instead of "sneaking", make it part of your dive plan that you will spend X many minutes on her air supply. If I might suggest, make it earlier in the dive, so you will be a bit closer in PSI by the end of the dive.

2) Get a bigger tank/tanks. If you are diving AL80's, switch to HP100's. Unless you are diving double LP 130's there's always room to go up in size to get more bottom time :)

I once picked up what i thought was a dead seahorse. i wanted to take it top side to show my mum.
Turns out it wasnt dead, luckly i found this out before i got out of the water!!!

Umm...well my living situation during the time when I became addicted to diving (last winter) was highly conducive to dive sins... I was living and studying in Bonaire in a house with nine other students/divers, two blocks away from a dive shop where we knew all the employees...with nothing to do for fun but dive dive dive! So...
--I dove in open water without fins once because one of the guys forgot his and I am a really strong swimmer so someone suggested that I give him mine and I go barefoot. I would not have done this in a current, but there was no current and not too many urchins or sharp things I could have stepped on at the entry/exit, so actually it was awesome! Very freeing.
--I have been inside a wreck (briefly) without certification.
--I have used Nitrox without certification.
--I killed two lionfish with a dive knife (not marine-park approved).
--I have used an E.L.F. speargun without the proper instruction course.
--I don't wear a snorkel, because I lost it. Actually when we went on snorkel field trips I didn't wear a snorkel to go snorkeling (a few years of D1 college swimming make this quite manageable...we practiced holding our breath. A lot.)
--I have dove without a computer or a watch that functions...I was with a few other people and used their watches.
--I have been, not accidentally, about 20 yards away from my buddy on a dive when it was just the two of us.
--I have made a giant stride wearing only one fin.

--I have made a giant stride wearing only one fin.

LOL I'm not too sure if that can be called a giant stride?

jumping in:
1.With snorkel in mouth instead of regulator
2.With out lead
3.With sunglasses instead of Goggles
4.With out fins.
5.With air turned off - (buddy actually turned it off after the whole buddy checkstuff which was after I turned it on and checked regs and filled BCD)
6.took care of 1. by no longer wearing snorkle.
7.took care of 1-5 by not doing buddy's checks anymore.

On a recent trip, I got on the boat and had forgotten my Datamask, one day not for the whole trip. I have never felt more foolish in my whole life.

I did have a backup computer and borrowed a mask from the DM, put the extra SPG I carry back on my 1st and did the dive anyway.

LOL I'm not too sure if that can be called a giant stride?

jumping in:
1.With snorkel in mouth instead of regulator
2.With out lead
3.With sunglasses instead of Goggles
4.With out fins.
5.With air turned off - (buddy actually turned it off after the whole buddy checkstuff which was after I turned it on and checked regs and filled BCD)
6.took care of 1. by no longer wearing snorkle.
7.took care of 1-5 by not doing buddy's checks anymore.

I hope all of that wasn't on the same entry! :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom