Snow? What snow? Let's dive Aurora Res

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Aurora reservoir will be closing for diving on October 31st, as usual. (Why? I dunno.)

I'd like to get in one more day of diving before everything freezes up. I suggest meeting there this coming Saturday, 29 Oct, at 11am -- but really either Saturday or Sunday work for me. I'm thinking we could do a couple of short dives.

Anyone? PM me or post here.

glenn

We're on!

Sunday, meet in the parking area below the dive beach around 11am. Since I'm the instigator I'll also see about getting a gate pass.

Any other ScubaBoarders are welcome to come too. Please RSVP here so I'll know you're coming, and I'll bring extra cookies and coffee. BYOG (Bring Your Own Gear).

Be bold! Come join us this Sunday.

g

Any guesses on the water temp?

Hope to see you there BigBubbaJ!

Any guesses on the water temp?

Chatfield is 52F right now. I expect Aurora will be about the same on the surface. Toasty.

That was great! A beautiful sunny day, flat calm water, Winterhawk, BigBubbaJ and I had the beach to ourselves.

Water temp 51F, no detectable thermocline, vis maybe 10ft more or less.

Happiness is a porch festooned with drying scuba gear. :]

Good times indeed!

crawdad.jpgfoxholes.jpgtino.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom