Poor Xstream mkiii performance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walkman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just tried my new Xstream deep mkiii. It's shallow water performance is horrible. It is so difficult to breathe.

Yes. It is brand new and was it's 1st dive. It is ok deeper than 10m. Lesser depth take effort to breath. My vintage aqua lung spiro performs much better at all depth.

After 4 dives, it's shallow depth performance improves. It is suppose to be like that?

I agree with Norberto's comment. You should a service tech have a look at the 2nd stage to make sure that cracking pressure of the 2nd stage is set properly.

Greetings,
Sure, I'll get it check soon. However, isn't the breathing is easier at shallow depth than at deeper end? The any depth deeper than 10m, its performance is very good. Its only when coming up at the shallower part, the performance drops.

Walkman. You are correct. No matter what, I have found my Poseidons to breathe BETTER at depth than in the shallows. I bet you feel like it just isn't delivering gas like it does at depth..almost a positive pressure-at least very low cracking pressure. I believe this is just inherent in the design of the regulator. It's even more pronounced when the tank is low-about 500 PSI it REALLY shows up. By then, I'm very shallow...ready to stand up and get out of the water.

You shouldn't have poor breathing, just not as good as at depth. I told a friend about my Poseidon with much excitement: "It even breathes better at depth than in shallow water!" and he looked at me and said "So, if you're having problems breathing, you just go deeper-right?." and he smiled.

Back
Top Bottom