Your Regulator of Choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've recently switched over to Atomic M1 regs. IMO, they're the best brand on the market. I'm defiantly not a reg expert, but Atomic doesnt skimp on any of the details in an attempt to produce the best regs they can. Many companies out there are trying to make a quick buck and just rebrand Taiwanese OEMs.

Atomic Aquatics Compendium

Good to hear. Had a pretty major free flow on my brand new B-2, sealed, yesterday in 37 degrees and am pretty bummed about it. Cold water is basically why I bought it. We'll see what my LDS and Atomic do about it. Seems to me that whether it's Atomic, Scubapro, Apeks, etc, lemons still happen since fallible people do the assembly. I think the question is how good and how quickly they address the inevitable problems. S__t happens right?

most definitly an Apeks XTX200 ... its a very reliable reg...at all depths.

I've tried the SR1 too...pretty decent reg.

My current favourite is yanking my Dad's Scubapro MK17/G250V every now and then. Then again I haven't really experimented much except for old rental regs, but neither of us have ever had a problem with them, even in 40 degree water at depth.

I own these and in the order I like them: Poseidon Jetstream, Apeks TX50, Poseidon Cyklon 5000(paid $200 for an almost brand new SET!...I do LOVE the DIR regulator mandates!). I just bought a Poseidon Extreme but haven't tried it yet.

my friends, who don't dive that much, or as much as I do, prefer the Jetstream too. They like the feeling of confidence it provides by its almost zero(almost positive pressure actually) cracking pressure...and the bubbles are directed away from your face.

I would not dive anything but a Jetstream in ice or very cold water. I've never seen or heard of one freezing.

Back
Top Bottom