Sunbreeze Suites - need feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are trying to pick between Blue Tang Inn, Paradise Villas and Sunbreeze Suites (NOT hotel). While many people here seem to stay at the first two I have not found much information about Sunbreeze Suites on this site. Any feedback on this place is appreciated. Diving with one of the larger ops in town. Thanks!

Sunbreeze Suites has a good name locally, but they're not cheap. The best value of those three (not just the cheapest, but in some ways the nicest) is Blue Tang. If you stay there then I'd dive with the local dive operator Reef Adventures. Well regarded and you can get packages for hotel + diving.

Actually, the prices are really close this time of year and I went over a few reports of infestation at Blue Tang which worry me. We did not like Sunbreeze hotel either based on the reviews. With Paradise villas I understand its a crap shoot - you never know the condition of the unit you will end up getting. Although Sunbreeze Suites also have some pretty nasty reviews on TA they seemed to have undergone renovations a couple of years back and reviews seemed to have improved since. Any other accommodation options in a $100 range? We are not looking for luxury but for something decent, clean and close to town. Thanks!

Last edited:
Be EXTREMELY wary of reports on TripAdvisor. I have seen too many spoof reports to take that site at all seriously.

Replying to my own thread following the trip and staying at Sunbreeze Suites - great place to stay, very clean and if it was not for the outdated furniture it would get a 5* rating. It is a bargain at around $100 pn (could be an off-season price though)...

I've stayed at teh SunBrezze and really enjoyed it and the location. As for bad reviews not sure what was said for i didn't read them on TA but I've had clients there and none of them had anything bad to say about SunBreeze.

when are you looking to go I can give you package prices for diver and nondiver need to know # of each, most rates are based on double but they do have suites/condo also.

andrethediver
Just sent you a PM to compare note I just booked a trip for three and will be staying at SB Suites

I visited the Sunbreeze Suites on my last trip (about a year ago) and saw a unit that looked quite nice. The location is very good as well. The only thing that would hold me back is the daily charge for internet access that seemed a bit high (I can't remember the cost). I asked whether they could give me a weekly rate for internet access. They said they couldn't because the service was provided through another company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom