Oxycheq Razor #30 Wing Seam Failure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't worry... they'll be along soon enough and delete this thread from their manufacturer forum, like it never happened. :D

Yeah, Patrick Duffy needs dealers because his interpersonal are non-existent. I own one of their Expedition analyzers and it went through 7 sensors in 6 years. I paid for five. Then I found medical supply place in GA that sells the identical sensors and it's going for well over a year now..... (and it cost less than the reject sensors Oxycheq sells).

Yeah, Patrick Duffy needs dealers because his interpersonal are non-existent. I own one of their Expedition analyzers and it went through 7 sensors in 6 years. I paid for five. Then I found medical supply place in GA that sells the identical sensors and it's going for well over a year now..... (and it cost less than the reject sensors Oxycheq sells).

don't the sensors have a "shelf life" ?

I'm betting that most LDS's don't "rotate stock" on O2 sensors. I wouldn't be surprised if Scuba Manufacturers don't buy them a "years supply" worth at a time.

so... good chance that they could be "half life" (or worse) when the consumer gets them.

I'm betting the medical supply place would rotate stock on them 10 times more a year. good call on your part.

UPDATE: Modified my last post slightly. Received an email from Patrick today with an update. He said it was shipped to factory for repair and they should have it back later this week and he will call me with an update.

Perhaps a happy ending can still be had? I will hold out my judgement until then.

As an Qxycheq wing owner, I'm very disappointed to hear about their poor customer service.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

c

Any update on the status of the repair?

Please let me know what happened?

I also have the Mach V Razor 30, which worked perfectly for several years. Then it sat unused in storage for a few more years. This year I started using it again and the seams on one side started to leak after a few dive trips. The leaks are beyond anything aqua seal can handle - I see bubbles coming out of everywhere along the seam on one side, and the rest of the seams may follow suit soon.

fwiw, I have not contacted Oxycheq yet regarding this issue because I'm currently not in the US and because the wing is about 5 years old.

My Oxycheq wing's bladder seams are coming apart like some of you out there. One of the areas is split so far I can easily fit my thumb through the gap and into the bladder. I may try to use some aquaseal on it but it seems unlikely it'll hold.

I'd rather buy a new bladder for it, but my local dealer says I can't get just the bladder. I don't think I'd be interested in waiting over a month for repair, so we'll see what they (oxycheq) say (if anything).

I realize this is an old thread and I never responded with the official outcome.

In the end, Oxycheq did repair the wing however it took 3-4 months and there was very little in the way of any communication. When I got it back it was actually still leaking slightly (wouldn't hold air more than a day) but I had already purchased another wing so I didn't bother returning it.

I still have it as my backup wing for warm water/single tank diving. I love the compact and size but I was not happy with the quality of the product.

I still maintain that there is absolutely no way I could have abused the wing to cause the kind of leaking it had. The Oxycheq wing I had was the one with the seamless bladder there was really no way for me to take it apart of repair it myself. I believe Patrick had stated that was the reason for the delay in repairing the wing which makes sense since it has to be taken apart.

Based on that experience, it has dissuaded me from recommending Oxycheq products even though I really do like their wings.

My experience with the Raider IV backup lights (which were the best backup lights in the world, when they worked) convinced me not to deal with the company any more. Not only did they refuse to deal with disgruntled customers, they wouldn't even make their DEALERS whole on the lights, even when it became apparent that they had put them out before adequate beta testing had been done.

I'm an early adopter. I'm resigned to the fact that that means I'm going to buy some things before they are perfected. But if the flaws mean the item doesn't perform, I expect the company to stand behind what they sold. No more Oxycheq for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom