DEMA Hotel Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the first things to consider is whether you plan on doing a lot of evening "networking". Despite the nearby hotels generally being a bit more expensive, one of the major reasons I attend DEMA is to meet people and "spread the gospel of St. Croix scuba diving". That, in general, seems to better be done after the show rather than during it. So I stay at, or close to, the larger host hotels (Rosen, Peabody, etc.) where everyone will be hanging out at the bar after the show or after dinner. When that's all over with, however late it might be, I don't want to stagger....'er.....travel far to get to my bed.

If you haven't already booked your air travel consider doing the air/hotel combo from one of the online wholesalers such as Travelocity, Expedia, etc. The savings with those combos can be pretty amazing.

Yes- they have parking. i rented a car last time in Orlando ..was able to park fairly close each day!

logo black & white.png

We have decided on the Rosen.--It's not parking a CAR that's the problem. It's parking the TRAILER that's the problem. I called the front desk and made sure they had a space for our trailer. They sent me to security. Security ASSURED me they have parking for trailers (which means back 40, plenty of walking). That's fine, at least we know we aren't in a bind. :)

I am looking to share a ride up from Palm Beach country to Orlando for DEMA in case anyone wants to share expenses? I am pretty flexible on days but prefer leaving Friday and returning late Saturday?

Also, I have a hotel room near the convention center and am willing to share.

Back
Top Bottom