Trimix Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i like my Liquivision, although in my trimix class it was used mainly as a very smart bottom timer. The display really does put out enough light to follow a line in the dark.

Last edited:
I fully understand how the auto gas switch would be a PITA in a saw tooth cave profile. I got on to the cochran after I bent the bejeezus out of my duo on the hydro last year, and borrowed it from a freind on a breather. They all have predators now and I am sure that if I borrow one of them the same thing will happen. lol
Eric

Of the divers I know who still have them, that is exactly how they use them - as a backup/bailout/get-me-to-the surfac-ASAP-when-the-boat-has-to-leave-in-a-hurry tool.

Otherwise they just use Predators...

Now to be fair, if I was still primarily a great lakes or NE/Mid Atlantic wreck diver, I'd probably still have my EMC-20H, but I had a hard time justifying keeping it once most of my diving was cave diving.

Nowadays, I tend to buy equipment to cover my initial needs and then the next step...just in case. The first computer I bought, even though I had no interest in Nitrox at the time was a computer that could handle air, nitrox to 40% and also be used in Gauge mode. When I started looking for a computer to support my AN/DP course and qual, I looked at Liquivision, Shearwater and VR Technology. In a nutshell, I was after something that could be programmed and adapted, provide a means to transfer profile to my laptop and could also accommodate trimix. I elected to purchase the Predator which I happen to like for a wide variety of reasons. As for my first computer, it does come with me on technical dives but I set it on gauge mode and use it as a back-up bottom timer.

My last 2 computers were Shearwaters. I bought a liquivision before Shearwater had the OLED display but upgraded when the Predator came out. My Liquivision was loaned out to a friend is now DOA and LV won't do anything but sell me a new one but my Shearwater is going strong. I hear Shearwater has excellent warranty but I have never had to test that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom