quallity of Hollis F1 fins....not amazing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow a response in under 10 min.s without the manufacture trying to blame purchaser. I think that shows great service and an HONEST approach to problem . I just purchased a piece of Hollis gear and I'm glad after seeing this post. I'll probably pick up more.

Linasglv,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the inconvenience. There was a small batch of XL fins from 2009 that were affected by a tooling error causing a tear in the lower right corner. This has since been corrected and most pairs have been replaced. We would like to swap yours out as well :wink:. Please contact our customer service center at 888-383-DIVE and we will get this sorted for you asap.

Best Regards,
that was fast. The problem is that right now I'm not in country. Could we arange this by email?

The seller's (LDS) is not managed by Hollis and in no way should reflect on them. A toll free number usually means toll free from anywhere. If it doesn't, it's not a long call anyway. Probably cost ya $10 to make and then ya have the problem solved.

Many of us have outstanding reviews of both scubatoys.com and Hollis. So to make your few first post complaints about fairly well regarded companies doesn't look good. You joined scubaboard simply to bitch about this? You obviously found Hollis forum on here so you could have simply sent a PM for asked for assistance rather than suggesting their quality, in general, is less than it really is. As you're now seeing, Hollis has outstanding customer service and product quality certainly meets tech diving standards. Good luck with the resolution. Took one email and one 3 min phone call to solve mine.

guys guys. Does anyone read all I wrote???? It's allmost one year since I wrote email directly to Hollis....NO RESPONSE....

guys guys. Does anyone read all I wrote???? It's allmost one year since I wrote email directly to Hollis....NO RESPONSE....

There does not seem to be a time line noted in your posts. We have no way of knowing how long it took.

Also, if it was one email, I still would not be too harsh. I will always send at least two before thinking I am being ignored. There is this expectation that everything we send, whether it is electronic or snail mail, is received properly and should be addressed. Unfortunately that is not always the case. I myself have accidentally deleted or marked read emails that should not have been. If it is important to you - follow up.

The manufacturer is willing to make it right. I doubt that is because of Scubaboard. I'm sure they would have done the same thing if your original email was received.

Hmmmm, this is making me appreciate SB a little more for the fact that more than an occasional discussion on dive spots or gear set ups it is a way to contact manufactures.I've had problems/questions with products and gotten pretty prompt responses/answers by hitting there forum.I might just abandon direct Emails & PM or hit them with a thread.

What??? you posted this October 11th of this year????? You only have 4 posts and they are all in this thread???
I also noticed that his join date was Oct 2011. Did you join just to post your grievance ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom