A knife-light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! We divers must have unlimited $$$ and very limited sense. You know there are gonna be divers that just have to have this.

Long time reader...1st time "poster". I had to jump on this one because I got one of these units in June and it's pretty cool! Never been to a proctologist, but I have taken it diving in Panama City 4-5 times and it's handy to have. Decent quality knife for stainless, but the lights are the real story - very small and very bright - not some cheap Chinese knock-off. Sounds like no one but SGR Jeff has tried one yet...don't be blind "haters". EJ

I understand eric I only post if it is useful, the lightknife actually has a stupid name yet it does have redundancy, I mean come on don't you usually have a few lights go out on every dive. And hey an extra knife.

Ok I will be serious now Eric you have a lot of guts to say you bought one of these, Well let me rephrase that, Eric you have the balls of Mt Everest to admit you dive with that and post it here on SB.

Long time reader...1st time "poster". I had to jump on this one because I got one of these units in June and it's pretty cool! Never been to a proctologist, but I have taken it diving in Panama City 4-5 times and it's handy to have. Decent quality knife for stainless, but the lights are the real story - very small and very bright - not some cheap Chinese knock-off. Sounds like no one but SGR Jeff has tried one yet...don't be blind "haters". EJ

I dont need to go to Antarctica to know it's cold:wink:

By combining the functions of these two tools they have created one tool that is sub-optimal in both respects.

R..

Did SGR buy this product at retail, or was it provided by Halon as a sample for review?

Just like all the other products we review, we heard about it and wondered how it would be in the real world, so we contacted them and they submitted one for us to review. If you haven't read our FAQ yet, give it a read and we address questions like this.

Thanks
Jeff

Just like all the other products we review, we heard about it and wondered how it would be in the real world, so we contacted them and they submitted one for us to review. If you haven't read our FAQ yet, give it a read and we address questions like this.

Thanks
Jeff

And here is the problem....when a magazine or e-zine does a gear review, it needs to pull no punches when a product is lame, or when many divers try this product and find it poor.
Your review is like the classic Dive Magazine gear review...you figure it is fair to show the product, discuss a few pros and cons, but not WEIGH one side over the other....Even if the cons are 99% and the pro is 1%.... Most dive magazines do not want to offer a true review...
This knife light was a great opportunity for you to show you as different...but instead, your review offers no insights beyond an "advertorial".

The knife is too big, it solves a problem that does not exist, it's ability to remove a diver from an entanglement hazzard may well be impaired by the bulky lights on it--in fact, this knife may be an entanglement risk all by itself!!!
The cost is ridiculous, and this is kind of the last straw, to me.

My advice to your gear testers: Each take GUE Fundamentals, and then begin evaluating gear on how well it complies with the "common sense" wisdom of GUE gear choices...:D..then again....I kind of like this idea...maybe I will start doing a GUE based Gear Review in SFDJ.com and you guys just keep doing what you are doing :D

I wonder how many people bought one. I wouldnt want to point a knife at everything I shine my light on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom