replacement for Gekko?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think an ordinary recreational diver should buy a better computer than a Zoop (or an Uwatec Aladin Prime). OK for dives on air, OK for nitrox, conservative with a proven RGBM algorhythm... If somebody wants to be a technical diver he has to change too much items in the equipment, the computer is only one of them- and the Suunto has a good reputation so it can be sold easily later or keep as a secondary instrument.
Anyway the color of the Zoop makes it different from the Vyper and the Gekko, that should be the main reason.:)

How does the phosphorescent display of the Zoop compare to the backlight of Vyper for night diving?

I have both (Gekko) much of a muchness, maybe the Vyper by a hair. As I wear my comp on my right wrist and hold my light in my right hand the Vyper is a tad more convenient.

I don't think an ordinary recreational diver should buy a better computer than a Zoop (or an Uwatec Aladin Prime). OK for dives on air, OK for nitrox, conservative with a proven RGBM algorhythm... If somebody wants to be a technical diver he has to change too much items in the equipment, the computer is only one of them- and the Suunto has a good reputation so it can be sold easily later or keep as a secondary instrument.
Anyway the color of the Zoop makes it different from the Vyper and the Gekko, that should be the main reason.:)

Id give the Vyper one up as it can be used in gauge mode.

Devon Diver: "Is he going to color his reg hose in also? wtf? "

Because you get blinded by the white bezel when you shine a torch on it. The kindergarten-style black scribbles help. That's why.

Last edited:
Id give the Vyper one up as it can be used in gauge mode.

Gekko/Zoop have gauge mode too... you just have to bend them to access it :wink:

Back
Top Bottom