Questions about lobsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're not going to eat them right away, just throw them in the freezer (buddy of mine bought a small chest style freezer just for the lobster) transport them back home as was suggested earlier by putting them in a cooler with saltwater ( no fresh) if you have a long way to get home.
Lobster net and gauge is all you need.

The reasoning being that the noose distresses them less and causes less damage to them.

You are going to eat them arn't you?

Bob
-------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Man you left coasters are a strange lot. Lobsters with no claws? Lobster nooses? lol Sheesh, grab it (the hardest part cuz those tings look like sea monsters under water! lol), gauge it, band it, bag it and repeat! I have found the best place to keep them is in a very large pot with potatoes, corn, whole onions and steamers right on the dock that way my wife and kids cant pilfer my lobster

*sigh*

Where I live there are literally millions of lobsters but you're not allowed to hunt them on scuba. The most we can do is play with them. My big sport is to play with their antennae by touching them with a finger and slowly you can lure them out of their holes to see what's there. Lobsters, as it turns out, are very curious animals. Just don't shine your light on them or they will run and hide.

The biggest one I've seen here has a tail about the length of my forearm and claws bigger than my hands. The fishermen here complain all the time about the lobsters because they eat everything in sight and crowd out other species. They'd love to see divers taking lobsters but politicians, it would appear, think lobsters are friends, not food.

Long live the Netherlands. At some point I expect a law here governing how many times per day you're allowed to inhale and exhale.

R..

Here on the East coast, I have been catching the lobsters and training them to kill lionfish. Lionfish are an invasive species on our reefs. The hardest part is that Florida lobsters have no claws, making it hard for them to hold the miniature guns that I've fashioned for them.

lzoV6.jpg

ZuKeD.jpg

wcw1j.jpg

PxDP8.jpg

i recommend buying small saddles for them and training mice to ride them around the house

And then enter them in the races......

2010_Lobster_Race_Map.jpg

Picture_314_Large_Web_view.jpg

and by dear God, whatever you do..... DON'T dip them in Ketchup!

I mean... that's blasphemy!
I thought that's how they were served at Sonic.:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom