39 year old jumps from Carnival Conquest Friday night as it leaves Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
GALVESTON, Texas (AP) — Mexican authorities are searching for a 39-year-old man who was seen jumping off a Carnival cruise ship near Cozumel.

Carnival officials said the man reportedly jumped off the Conquest ship Friday night. The ship returned to the location where the man was last seen and began searching for him.

According to a statement from the cruise line, Mexican authorities searched the ship and then allowed it to continue on its scheduled trip.

The ship is expected to return to its home port of Galveston, Texas, on Sunday after a seven-day cruise.

Cruise officials said they are working with the man's family to provide support.

We saw the cruise ship circling between Villa Aldora and Playa as well as a smaller boat ( I thought one of the smaller military boats ). Another guest was on his way from Playa on the ferry and it circled a few times and reported that someone saw a life ring with a strobe attached in the water, but no one knew the origins of the life ring. Now it all makes sense.

TC

Crazy. Wonder why he'd jump right there... as if it'd make any sense to jump anywhere...

Any fun news from the past week?
Hi to Lori and Brent!

Maybe it is just like most of us...we just hate the thought of leaving Cozumel. Hope he made it to shore!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

True enough, Dave...

Nov 19-27. You coming back, Todd?

Crazy. Wonder why he'd jump right there... as if it'd make any sense to jump anywhere...

Any fun news from the past week?
Hi to Lori and Brent!

You know. You look down from your balcony. It is right there just a little ways below you. It doesn't look too cold, even off the coast of New England. And it looks pretty clear. I bet I could clear that life boat...................... What are you - CRAZY????

They may find him.... If the giant spinning blades at the back of the boat didn't turn him into chum!

Tequila!!!...
Seriously though, I hope he's a good swimmer and wish all of the best for the young gentleman. May he come ashore and enjoy life with a new outlook.

Back
Top Bottom