The next generation in DPV technology - Logic Dive Gear Genesis 600/1240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does logic dive gear have a website? A quick google search showed nothing.

OK, a couple weeks later and VIOLA! www.logicdivegear.com (ok, there's still a couple pages under construction at this point)

The first production run will go out with a $1000 discount off the normal price for the early adopters.

Holy crap, is the entire tech specs page images? How do you expect a search engine to index that?

There's prices, $5950 and $6850.

Holy crap, is the entire tech specs page images? How do you expect a search engine to index that?

Holy crap, the worlds most advanced DPV and your only comment is about how the webpage is formatted. How do you expect your dive buddies to index your priorities?

There are always two groups of consumers. Those who focus on performance and technical design advantages and those who focus on marketing hype and whether or not the product is available in their favorite color. If you are looking for a scooter with big puffy stickers of flames or shark teeth to give you a sense of superiority, your in the second group and I can't help you there.

You see, someone focused on performance with an analytical mind would notice that the Genesis 600 has more thrust and more range than a scooter with puffy flame stickers rated at 650Wh, even though it has a smaller battery. Which do you think is more efficient? The fact that it weighs 20 lbs less is just one more bonus.

Have a great weekend,
Jon

Does this scooter have an 'orientation' in regards to the handle? For instance, my Gavins all have the handles at 3 and 9 oclock, and when I trigger them (at pull pitch) they come to 12 and 6, then back to 3 and 9 when I come off the trigger.

Holy crap, the worlds most advanced DPV and your only comment is about how the webpage is formatted. How do you expect your dive buddies to index your priorities?

There are always two groups of consumers. Those who focus on performance and technical design advantages and those who focus on marketing hype and whether or not the product is available in their favorite color. If you are looking for a scooter with big puffy stickers of flames or shark teeth to give you a sense of superiority, your in the second group and I can't help you there.

You see, someone focused on performance with an analytical mind would notice that the Genesis 600 has more thrust and more range than a scooter with puffy flame stickers rated at 650Wh, even though it has a smaller battery. Which do you think is more efficient? The fact that it weighs 20 lbs less is just one more bonus.

Have a great weekend,
Jon

Jon,

When building a webpage it is important to understand how the information is being presented and how the customer is trying to get the information. You can have the biggest, baddest, cheapest scooter on the market but if no one can find information about it easily then it is irrelevant and might as well not exist.

In my professional experience, I can tell you that a webpage isn't a technical manual and that look and design play an important part. Look at your Design page. You've got some interesting information on that page but it is presented as a wall of text. Studies have shown that viewers are unlikely to read all of that.

The specs page has important information but since it is presented as an image it won't be read by search engines which means if someone Googles "genesis dpv depth rating" they aren't going to get that page which means a lost customer.

My background and training is engineering and for a long time I was solidly in the "function is all that matters" camp and it has been the last year to year-and-a-half that I realized that form on a webpage is as much a part of function as the data itself.

There are a lot of cool things you can do with your webpage that will keep customers on the page and reading your information.

If you ever want to meet up and discuss it in person just let me know.

Does this scooter have an 'orientation' in regards to the handle?

The battery center of mass is off-center in the scooter body, providing a small amount of roll to counteract the motor torque with the handle at 12 o'clock. Trim weight can also be added off center in the body as needed. Neutral in the water, the handle would be at 3 o'clock as viewed from the rear when free floating.

Cheers,
Jon

Looks good Price is up to the Cuda Fury waiting to see results from Tahoe to see if it compares in Specs also.

... Some of us care about how web pages are "formatted" for a living. This sort of stuff will hopefully matter to you eventually. I did poke around and ask about this scooter, but no one could find any information about it online (since it's not DEMA time).

As for the thrust numbers on there... Well, there's some other products on the market that claim to do 5mph.. :no:

... Some of us care about how web pages are "formatted" for a living.

...and a forum on web design would be a good place to have a discussion on that topic. This is the DPV section of a diving forum, try to stay on topic.

As for the thrust numbers on there... Well, there's some other products on the market that claim to do 5mph..

The product is an inanimate object and can't claim anything, but there are marketing people who either lack the mental capacity or are too lazy to figure out what their product is capable of, so they make up numbers they think people might believe. When the benchmark finally comes out, it will show I'm clearly not a marketing person. If you ever get a chance to dive the Genesis, you'll see that it pretty much sells itself. I'll be hitting the road with scooters next year for demo days at different locations.

The thrust numbers on the website are for the stock prop, and with a slightly higher pitched prop, it has achieved almost 100lbs of thrust, but there is no reason to go there, as even with a tow harness, 90lbs thrust is a bit painful after a few minutes. So why make a scooter with so much thrust you ask. Let's compare it in a simplistic way to a car. Your average car will go 100+mph, but do you ever drive it that fast for hours on end? No, but to make a car that is efficient at 55mph, you need a motor that is capable of going 100+. It is the same for scooters, and at a normal cruise thrust (35-40lbs) the Genesis is much more efficient than a scooter with a max thrust of 35-40lbs. As an anecdotal example, I just did three days on the Conception in the Channels Islands and had about 5 hrs/day underwater with the Genesis 1200 cruising through the kelp at slow speed looking for lobster and then gunning it back to the boat at full speed from 200-300 yards out. Even at the end of the day, it easily had enough battery left for a couple more dives since most of the time it was drawing less than 100W at slow speed.

Cheers,
Jon

Back
Top Bottom