Sola 600 - top tip for charging after a period of not being used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_dog

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi
I have a Sola 600 which I have only used once and then, on returning from my dive trip, charged up once and put away in the dive camera box.
It had been there about three months.
I took it out today to charge it up but it didn't seem to be doing much.

Green light on the charge unit but nothing on the light unit to indicate a charge.

I have now discovered (through a quick phone call to the main UK supplier) that these light go into a "deep sleep" after a reasonable of time in storage with no use. When you try and recharge it, you'll get a green light on the mains plug but nothing from the light itself.

To remedy, connect the unot to the mains then remove and replace the 3 round pin connector into the back of the light itself two or three times in quick succession. This wakes it up and is evidenced by the three LED's on the light itself flashing in succession, right to left, indicating charging. At the same time the light on the plug will go from green to red and normal service is resumed.

I'm sure I should have known that, but I didn't so maybe others may find useful.

Good tip, now I need to get one...... :D

Got one, now need to use it....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom