Use of a Dive Computer and Planning the Dive with a Desktop Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking at the OSTC MKII but as my computer is a Mac, it seems that the only one choice for desktop software is V-Planner. That's why my question, but sure it make more sense to run the same software on the computer and the desktop.

As already mentioned, any program developed in Java should work on Mac. However, it should be tested, since Apple develops its own version of Java and some display problems are already reported.

Sorry if I sat on my ears so far, is there a time/feature limited trial version of the ultimate planner one can try out?

Thanks!

Sorry if I sat on my ears so far, is there a time/feature limited trial version of the ultimate planner one can try out?

There'll be in the near future (hopefully!). For now, if you want to try some profiles, send them over and I'll run the schedules for you.

Best bet, IMHO, is to use a software that incorporates both VPM-B and Buhlmann-GF.

Liquivision X1 running Multideco get both VPM-B and buhlman-GF both. Truly the most awesome computer ever! I love mine. Matches exactly with the vplanner. Don't have to take laptop or iphone on the boat because i can plan the next dive right from the X1 even w/ deco and it takes into account current saturation. All tap no buttons it ROCKS!!!!

Liquivision X1 running Multideco get both VPM-B and buhlman-GF both. Truly the most awesome computer ever! I love mine. Matches exactly with the vplanner. Don't have to take laptop or iphone on the boat because i can plan the next dive right from the X1 even w/ deco and it takes into account current saturation. All tap no buttons it ROCKS!!!!
Will match exactly only if you're using VPM-B on your dive computer. If you go for Buhlmann-GF, I won't expect an exact match.

Good point for the Liquivision X1.

Anyway, the conclusion of my initial question seems to be: Use a dive computer that match the desktop computer in term of algorythm, which make sense :)

So:
- X1/VPM software with VPlanner
- OSTC MKII or Shearwater with MV-Plan

Y.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom