Housing for the PowerShot SX20 IS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yency

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I'm checking for buy a new camara, i was thiking in a G10 but i saw the PowerShot SX20 IS, because has the HD video recording, and the Photo options is almost the same. The winner will be the PowerShot SX20 IS for the HD recording. But i was searching for the housing and i found in the cannon web site the Canon Waterproof Case WP-DC20 for PowerShot S1 IS, this case could fit the SX20 IS? or the Ikilite Case?

Thanks

I went through this same situation and will be getting an Ikelite housing with the AF35 AutoFlash and arm tray. It isn't took expensive for a set that will work great.

This was even recommend from Joe Liburdi (his shop is 20 mins from my house!)

I have a canon sx20is for sale if anyone is interested. it is one year old (sub 500 frames). comes with a 2 gig sd card, mini tripod, lowpro bag, and original box with cables and start up guide (the full user guide and drivers are free down loads on the Canon site.). The camera is flawless and had a filter on the lens until last week (has had a lens cover on since the filter go moved to a new lens. email me at rileybri@hotmail.com for photos.....

cheers,

Brian D.

opinion.png

Give some more thought to buying a Canon SX20IS for underwater use.

1. According to the Ikelite website the #6148.01 housing for the SX20IS is no longer made or available.

2. The SX20IS does not appear to have RAW capability which IMO is a must for non-strobe shots.

opinion.png

Give some more thought to buying a Canon SX20IS for underwater use.

1. According to the Ikelite website the #6148.01 housing for the SX20IS is no longer made or available.

2. The SX20IS does not appear to have RAW capability which IMO is a must for non-strobe shots.

Just seeing this post now and as the camera sold locally to an older Greek man about to go to Europ for a vacation it is no longer avalable. It it were I would have to agree withthe above post. Its probably no longer a viable option for diving unless you already have the housing and know it works. I never dove with mine and had no real intention of selling it to a diver unill I saw this thread asking about it. As I had one for sale at the time I added mine to the mix. Thanks for looking into it further Gilligan.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom