Ballsing up the Night diving spec.... advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watching the bubbles seems like the most practical thing to me. You may or may not have a wall or a buddy close by but bubbles are ever present. By whatever accident of birth I’m not affected by vertigo regardless of the vis. I feel for but can’t really relate.

I just want to make one mention that bubbles (in a current) may not necessarily go up. Luckily the gauge will tell you without a doubt! I've never personally experienced vertigo but I can imagine that it's a terrible thing. Hopefully the rest of the advice in this thread helps!

Bubbles always go up, they may not go straight up but, up they will go!

Disorientation and vertigo happen in both day and night diving. An SMB is a good way to get your bearings, but if unplanned it might indicate an emergency to the surface crew. Using a rope to descend, and staying near the bottom or a wall while using a bright beam is helpful. If there is a strong surge, advise you cancel the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom