current vip but expired hydro- will they still be filled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
one of my tanks has a Hydro that expiring in the next month, but the VIP is good until June 2012. The shop will still fill it or require an in date hydro.

I would not expect them to fill it beyond the hydrostatic testing date. Hydrostatic testing is a Federal Law and carries a stiff fine if caught. Visual is an industry thing and has no over riding powers.

The only way it will happen is if they see the VIS is OK, assume the hydro is OK, and go ahead without checking. It can happen, but I don't think counting on negligence is a good plan.

I would bet money that the tank monkeys will fill it.

The only way it will happen is if they see the VIS is OK, assume the hydro is OK, and go ahead without checking. It can happen, but I don't think counting on negligence is a good plan.

I would bet money that the tank monkeys will fill it.

I think the scenario I described above is likely enough that I will not take your bet. That still does not make it a good idea.

I think the scenario I described above is likely enough that I will not take your bet. That still does not make it a good idea.

Good Idea? Heck the idiot that did the VIP should be kicked in the nuts. LOL

I'm a bit surprised that the shop did not tell you when you got the vis that it would only be good for 4 months and give you the option of hydro and vis at that time.

I check the hydro dates for the tanks I fill at the LDS where I work, IF I know the tank (see it often) and I have already checked the hydro then I just fill it so long as it's good. However I will not fill nitrox on a tank that has an expired visual because of the fact that we partial pressure blend gas at our shop and I view it as a possible safety hazard :no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom