Overnight camping at Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does the city allow overnight camping at Breakwater and does anyone know the maximum vehicle length allowed for an RV?

Cheers

Does the city allow overnight camping at Breakwater and does anyone know the maximum vehicle length allowed for an RV?

Cheers

Officially, it's illegal. Unofficially, no problem; I've had cops wave at me while I got set up for the night. I have no idea what the max. vehicle length is (a double space is designed to take a truck and boat trailer), but I've seen some pretty long RVs there, and you're cool as long as you pay for the two spaces you're taking up . For that matter, if you come in after 5:30 p.m. or so when the meter people go home, and leave before 9 a.m. when the meter enforcement starts, you can stay for nothing. If you're going to be there during the day just make sure, if you've got extendible sides, to retract them during the day so that they don't extend into the spaces next to you (you _will_ get a ticket for that), and make sure you don't stick out beyond the end of the two spaces (front and back) you're paying for.

Guy (no RVer, but I've been sleeping in my car at BW on the weekends for over 4 years, and there are always a few RVs camped in the lot).

Back
Top Bottom