Looking for Tekna 2100BX Second Stage Repair Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll get the parts together and contact you. It'll have to be when I'm weathered out from running charters, so it might take a little time.

I'll get the parts together and contact you. It'll have to be when I'm weathered out from running charters, so it might take a little time.

SPEARIT,

Thank you the help. Take all the time that you need - I don't have a requirement for anything specific right now.

I stumbled on this thread and I have a fair amount of tekna service parts for the 2100 series regs. I think I have a service manual also, but before I go looking thru stored items, want to make sure the original poster is still looking. Contact me if you are and I'll see what all I have.

SPEARIT - thanks for this posting. I would love to pick up some spares. Please let me know what you have. How can I contact you?

thanks again.

Folks:

I realize this post is becoming a 'Lazarus' of sorts, I just pulled out my two 2100's that have not seen water since 1989. I would very much like to get them serviced. Any ideas on where, or if anyone still has parts? I'm back in the Scuba mode, and am attempting to salvage what I can from what I already have.

Thanks,
Randy B

Randy,

I just repaired one of my Tekna 2100BX regulators tonight and have multiple sets of spare parts, except for a 2nd stage
body (It used my last one tonight.). As long as you don't need a 2nd stage body replacement I can repair everything else.

Wayne

Wayne, I apologize, as I did not get a notice someone responded to this. I have good bodies, and need some other parts on the second stages.

I'll PM you.

Randy B

Re-resurrecting this thread, as I am now also looking for a Tekna part or two. Just picked up one of the all metal 2nds that, despite a few dents, is in pretty good shape. The bad part is the same black seat the prandyulo was looking for back in '09 had tiny grain of sand stuck in the face. Both before and after prying it out the reg has a slight leak. Anyone happen to still have a spare one lying around?

James?

I am also looking for service parts for my 25 year old 2100, particularly that quarter sized black diaphragm with a metal insert inside the 2nd stage valve assembly; would you happen to have one available?

Re-resurrecting this thread, as I am now also looking for a Tekna part or two. Just picked up one of the all metal 2nds that, despite a few dents, is in pretty good shape. The bad part is the same black seat the prandyulo was looking for back in '09 had tiny grain of sand stuck in the face. Both before and after prying it out the reg has a slight leak. Anyone happen to still have a spare one lying around?

James?

Those main flow diaphragms have numerous issues. When removing one, which is a bad idea to begin with, it must be put back exactly as it was or it will leak. There is no tolerance. I suspect yours had been removed and not re-installed in exact position. They take a set. They also seem to harden with time which is also not a good thing.

If by "James ?" you meant me, the thing is that my Tekna cupboard is pretty bare. For a long time, even before the wuh, wuh, wuh, I was a source of parts. I have given it all away. I cannot recall ever selling anything, I pretty much gave it all away. There is a box I can dig in but I can make no promise. I just really have nothing left.

Here is a trick, with the "seat" as you call it, using Dawn soap and 1000/1200 grit wet dry stuck to glass, polish the seat. Then dump it in boiling water. Let it cook for 10 minutes or so. While still warm, place it back in position. It might relearn it's place in the world, or not.

N

I did remove that diaphragm before finding your multiple posts where you said it was a bad idea. Story of my life so to speak...

In any case, I don't think it made much of a difference, because the part does seem pretty hard, and that embedded grain of sand was right on the edge of one of those holes in the showerhead looking thing. Now that the grain of sand is gone there is a pit in the diaphragm in that spot, so even if I was able to get it back to the exact same spot, I'm sure it would leak. I will give your restoration methods a try.

I am not sure if I am diagnosing this properly, but the tilt valve seems ok. I can't feel any air leaking from around the tilt valve stem.

Does anyone have a service manual for these things?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom