Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent a few days last week diving the nearby lakes. I was mostly looking for lures but I manged to find 5 anchors underwater, but one was broken in half so I left that one in the water. My main treasure find was the lures. I picked up over 4lbs as well as 2lbs of lead sinkers and 2 sunglasses. My friend thinks I should try and sell the lures for a buck each, but at that price I'd rather just hoard them all for myself.

Here's a pic from one day of diving

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I just read an article over the weekend about a site in the river that some divers were working with the state back in 1970. They found all types of artifacts from this town that used to be next to the river and died out in the 1700's. One of the pics showed a grinding wheel and it reminded me of your finds so I guess I would think that people used the water of a river, lake, pond, etc. as a dumping ground because "out of site, out of mind". Once the item sank, it was "taken care of" so to speak.

Recently, a Palmboom gin bottle (ca. 1890?), and small cream pitcher that I've put back into use.

bottles1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom