opinions please? scubapro MK 25 /R295 vs Cressi MC 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trapmonkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any experience? I haven't bought regulators in a long while and my girlfriend needs a new set.

we have been offered both here. I am inclined to go scubapro a name that i recognise and that has solid follow up services here in asia..., but apparently the Cressi regs are pretty darn good too.

i need some help in deciding please? thanks, TM

MK25/G250V: one of the very best rigs money can buy, as long as you don't do anything crazy like ice diving.

the Cressi setup is hard to beat and should be very affordable. as long at it has the Balanced ellipse 2nd stage I would opt for that.

nothing against scubapro, I am just partial to Diaphragm regulator and Balanced 2nd stages.

I'd go ScubaPro. The MK25 is one of the best first stages on the market. The R295 is a simple, reliable second stage and you can always upgrade to a better balanced second stage later to get the maximum performance from the MK25. BTW, I use a MK25/G250V rig, so I'm kinda biased.:D

3x MK25's in my collection, for single or doubles...

Cressi over here does not stand for anything special in reg world, and I live 30mins from Italy. They apparently did improve over the past couple of years, but I don't have experience with them to share. Go for what gets serviced more easily in your area.

Actually, the objective performance of the Cressi is excellent. A French mag called "Plongeurs International" did an ANSTI run on it, and the Work of Breathing at 50 m is .84 Joule.

MK25/G250V: one of the very best rigs money can buy, as long as you don't do anything crazy like ice diving.
My missus has Mk25 GV250 and we use it for icediving with no problems.
Between us we have seven sets of Mk25's with GV250's, R395's, S555 and A700's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom