Thinking about a compressor - I have questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can you find the Rix? I have searched the net and cant find anyone who lists them for sale. The Bauers are easy to find, as are the Mako - but Rix is a mystery????

I bought a Rix sa-6 off ebay a couple years ago, it was surplused by the US Navy. I think the seller bought it for like $100 from Guam, put an electric single phase motor on and sold it to me for a little under $3k. I broke an important bolt and used that excuse to take it apart, clean it, and put in new seals. It was quite a bit of effort but now I know how it works. The customer service at Rix is fantastic, but the parts are a bit pricey. I love the convenience of filling my own tanks and not having to deal with local shops not accepting competitors' (or my) inspection stickers. A buddy of mine bought a max-air and liked it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom