Waxing Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have yet to find anything that works as well FOR ME as my own spit. If anyone wants I can send them a bottle to try. There is regular and heavy duty that requires me to eat pepperoni a few hours before.

I have yet to find anything that works as well FOR ME as my own spit.
Mine seems to be the lite version, although when you're on a dive and your mask is fogging up, pulling it off and giving it a good licking can actually work wonders. Doesn't taste great, but the fogging problem goes away. (I have yet to find anything else that works as well *during* a dive.)

California kelp leaves work well. Pull some off (live is best) and rub inside your mask.

I use the "spit" brand defogger. Best stuff I ever tried. lasts a good long time as well. But, as stated already, clean it very well a couple of times first or nothing well help.

couldn't one have lasik so that the eyes are fully focused underwater? Then on the surface, you can go on wearing your coke bottle glasses.:D

I speak from experience, having seen it being used on a brand new mask in the Philippines, and a few months ago when I bought a new frameless mask, straight out of the box, Johnson's Baby shampoo on the lens and no fogging from the start until now

It happened to be a clean mask... I call it luck. One data point does not redefine physics.

I happen to be a J&J user and can say from experience that it will not overcome a contaminated lens.

Also I suspect that the conditions in the Philippines are much less conducive to condensation & fog than those I speak from and that many readers need to deal with.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom