Pat Green's boat capsized!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing. Anyone know the exact time? I was diving off of Destin that day, and we got hit by three very strange waves around 11:30... but it may have been a bit later. There was no obvious cause for them. A long way from the Bart and I don't remember the direction they came from or were going. They threw a couple of tanks out of the rack, be we were in a much bigger boat and the way came from off the front side.

How big were the waves that hit? Sorry if I missed this somewhere. I especially liked the part about the sunkist floating by :wink:

adding a new dive site right next to the bart isn't going to help us any...

For the record, I'll dive on any of Pat's boats. I'd say the performance of his crew vindicates that position.

Every dive trip starts with a briefing of what to do if things go wrong. We never really think they will, but reality is always waiting for us any whoozle.

Amazing. Anyone know the exact time? I was diving off of Destin that day, and we got hit by three very strange waves around 11:30... but it may have been a bit later. There was no obvious cause for them. A long way from the Bart and I don't remember the direction they came from or were going. They threw a couple of tanks out of the rack, be we were in a much bigger boat and the way came from off the front side.

It was around 1ish. I don't have the exact time. Once my dive computer starts functioning again, i should be able to tell you pretty close.

I'm so glad everyone is okay. I have always thought alot of this diveop although I haven't been on that boat before. Do you know what the sea forecast was for the day and how high do you estimate the rogue waves were in relation to the others?

As i remember the Forecast was for around 1-2 feet.

How big were the waves that hit? Sorry if I missed this somewhere. I especially liked the part about the sunkist floating by
03.gif
Seas were around 3-4 ft with occasional 5s. The waves that hit us were considerably larger than that. I'm guess 7ish.

For the record, I'll dive on any of Pat's boats. I'd say the performance of his crew vindicates that position.
Every dive trip starts with a briefing of what to do if things go wrong. We never really think they will, but reality is always waiting for us any whoozle.

If there was any doubt, I WILL hopefully be diving with Pat and Captain again! If he lets us on another one of his boats :rofl3:

For those following the capsizing of the ‘Red Menace’, I was the diver that suffered a laceration to the head and 13 staples to seal it up.

I just found out that we have a mutual friend. She's mentioned you to me before and she just heard about this accident last night. I mentioned having seen the thread, but had no idea it was someone that I knew of. Glad everything turned out ok!

was the boat tied off from the bow or stern?

When we were tied off, it was to the bow. But at the time of the incident, the DM had just untied from the wreck and the Captain was pulling in the line.

Glad everyone is all right...Thanks for the play-by-play.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom